New to crested advice on tank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to crested advice on tank

So here is some pictures of my tank. It's a small zilla tank made just like a exo tera. I keep humidity around 80% Temps at 80°F. I feed the gecko pangea watermelon and mango flavor with some calcium powder mixed in.

I also have a dripper that drips on the plant on the back right corner plant.
    Thanks for all the advice.

Also the gecko is what I think to be a hatchling currently is 8 grams. I've had it for about a week and a half and I haven't really handled him want to give him some time to adjust.

more cover and climbing surfaces. Horizontal and vertical would be nice. :P
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

80 degrees is a bit high to be constant. 65-80 degrees is ideal with 80 being the max. Work to drop it to mid 70's if you can. Light misting in the morning and heavier misting at night will allow a cycle from 50% to 80% humidity. It's important for there to be that dryer period each day for their health and shedding. I agree more foliage, branches and hides for the gecko to seclude itself away as well as run around on. Filling a tank 50-60% with foliage and things to play on is a good goal. Enjoy your gecko, they're so much fun.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
      1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

What is your substrate? Looks very dry and it could be a health hazard if swallowed. How large is your gecko? It's more of a threat to younger geckos, but adults also like to bury themselves occasionally. Leaf litter would help. I use a mix of coco fiber and potting soil, screened to remove large particles, for substrate in adult tanks.

I also agree there needs to be more cover, branches and hiding spots.

Why do you mix extra calcium in the food? It's a balanced diet and unnecessary unless you are treating a calcium deficiency or have a female laying eggs.
        Specializing in Crested Geckos
        Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
        Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
        Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

^This.
          1.0.0 R. auriculatus - Quinn
          1.0.0 C. ciliatus - Good Hank
          1.0.0 Mutt - Waldo
          1.2.0 Cats - Oliver, Dharia and Chloe
          iherp.com/sarahberry

Comment

Sorry for not responding been really busy. I managed to get a couple more plants and have a lot of cover and hiding spots now. I mixed in calcium with the pangea diet because I have seen many post/youtube video's saying pangea is good just lacks some calcium, should I not add anything to it?

Comment

Personally I would not add calcium. People often overdo calcium when they add it, IMO. Certainly some geckos may need extra calcium but I wouldn't add it directly to the food unless directed by a vet. A better way would be to dust bugs with a good calcium+D3 supplement if you feel the geckos need a boost.
              Specializing in Crested Geckos
              Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
              Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
              Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Working...
              X