My small Rhac collection...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My small Rhac collection...

I've been a Morelia keeper since 8th grade, and only kept geckos as a young naive kid, so I decided to jump into some of the species I've always liked, rare and difficult, or common and easy for a new challenge. For my entry into geckos, I opted to try out Rhacodactylus leachianus, a gecko I always admired, as well as one Rhacodactylus auriculatus. So far, I'm digging these!

Male F1 Pine Island.

Female F1 Pine Island.

My only Rhacodactylus auriculatus.

www.kelleyherp.com
    www.facebook.com/kelleyherp

I love the lechs looking good. I want to get one just haven't done it yet.
    Crested geckos 4:5:15
    Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

Nice Leachies.
      Might I inquire as to where you purchased said F1 Isle of Pines?
      They don't look like any Isle of Pines I've ever seen, not to mention they both look completely different from each other... The male has some very similar features, but the female's snout seems too long, too rounded, and also has light or no reticulations in the eye, which are common to Nuu Ana locale animals.
      I'm not gonna argue the validity of the animals, it's just that Isle of Pines early gen F1's and F2's are, or at least were incredibly rare, not to mention a fast majority of them were actually Bayonnaise locales/mixes passed off as Isle of Pines animals.
      There were barely any WC specimens ever imported by Fast or Repashy, and none that I know of by Philippe at all. I know they bred them often enough between '96-'00ish, especially after their return trip back, but that was a long time ago...
      Since then, Repashy has sold off literally every animal he had, and Fast was the only notable one producing pure locales at all, but if I remember correctly Philippe told me in one of our last conversations that Fast's last pure pair quit producing offspring awhile back.
      Now I know Steve was/is getting quite a few of animals from Fast, so that'd be my guess...?
      As far as anyone having a wild caught pair, and currently producing F1's, it would have to be Fast.
      Now if they're actually F2's and they weren't directly from Steve, you should contact him. He could tell you if they're legit or not.

Just saying is all. I'm not calling you out or anything, just trying to provide you with some info is all.
      4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
      3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
      1.1.0 Gekko gecko
      2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

They are from Steve Cemelli from Fast bloodlines.
        Last edited by David Kelley; 05-17-2014, 10:55 AM.
        www.kelleyherp.com

Comment

WOW, if that's legit, you must've paid a pretty penny for those guys. Either way, you have some rare animals!
          I didn't know Steve had any of the original WC Isle of Pines animals!
          I've kinda been wanting some Isle of Pines myself... I'll text him later on today in fact.
          4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
          1.1.0 Gekko gecko
          2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

P.S. - That's a nice yellow retic Auric you have as well.
            1.1.0 Gekko gecko
            2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

No worries, it's not a big deal. One of the hypotheses I have conjured is that perhaps the variation in phenotype could be due to different tree types that occur on multiple points on the island. Being rather sedentary animals, perhaps areas of darker trees have animals with a darker color, and areas of lighter trees have lighter animals which match the tree bark better. I haven't looked into tree species native to Pine Island yet though, so it's all conjecture and guesses currently.

Thanks for the compliments!
              www.kelleyherp.com

Comment

I believe that Philippe lists the different types of trees on each island ecotype in the Rhac Bible. I'd have to look at mine to be sure...
                1.1.0 Gekko gecko
                2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

Working...
                X