Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've Got a Fever and There's only One Prescription... (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've Got a Fever and There's only One Prescription... (Pic Heavy)

.... More gecko babies!!

Seriously guys, I've contracted 'Baby Fever' really bad over here...

I finally took the plunge and decided to breed my first crested geckos. Mom was laying infertile eggs last season, but I wanted to wait till this year to put her with a male. It was totally worth the wait, because she laid two healthy, fertile eggs for me on Valentine's Day. For a first-time female I'm incredibly proud of how well she's done. I got two beautiful eggs in February, March, April (sadly one of these eggs went bad), and May. I got an infertile clutch in June and for July she hasn't laid anything (all the other clutched were laid within the first week of the month) so I think she's done for the season- which is perfect because now she can fatten up and rest the remainder of summer and thru the winter. I've gotten 4 beautiful hatchlings thus far, and I'm COMPLETELY smitten. I just can't get enough of their smiley little faces. On down the road I may consider selling some of them, but right now I'm just enjoying watching them grow and progress too much to let them go. ...and I just cant wait for the rest of the eggs to hatch!

Anywho, that's all I'll ramble for now. Onward to what ya'll are really here for- pics!

Here's Daddy gecko - Mr. Stumpy:

^ Stumpy as a hatchling himself - Yes, he has 3 legs. He lost one when all his 1st shed wrapped around the elbow joint and cut off the circulation to the limb. When I got him from his previous owner there was a crispy mummified bit left over that naturally fell off when the limb healed. He uses the stump like a kickstand and it doesnt slow him down in the slightest... especially with the ladies!

An updated pic of Stumpy (not fully fired):

Mama gecko - Miss Kate

Hatchling #1 - fresh out of the egg:

Hatchling #1 - One Month Old:

Hatchling #2 - Fresh out:

Hatchling #2 - One Month:

Here's both of them currently:

And here's Clutch Two!

Hatchling #3- Fresh from the Egg

Hatchling #3 - One Month:

Hatchling #4- Freshly Hatched

Hatchling #4 - One Month (and posing on a Saracenia)

I hope you all enjoy them! <3

CUUUUTE. I LOVE mom, she's gorgeous. Is the pitcher plant in their viv? If they're safe, I might have to pick one up.
    1.0.0 'Pineapple'
    0.0.1 'Fig'
    0.0.1 'Garlic'

Comment

Adorable!! How exciting!!

Comment

Congrats! Hatchling #3 is stunning...

Comment

Originally posted by Anya View Post
          CUUUUTE. I LOVE mom, she's gorgeous. Is the pitcher plant in their viv? If they're safe, I might have to pick one up.
          Thanks! Most sarracenia get REALLY tall and they all need full sun to thrive so they don't make good terrarium plants. I grow mine on my front porch and used them for a photoshoot with these lil guys.

Comment

Number three is really cool! Number four looks cool, cant wait to see more pics!
            Thank You! -
            I have a lot of geckos......... I stopped counting.
            http://www.geckodome.com

Comment

Thanks! I love them all so much, but if I had to pick #3 is prolly my fave too. I can't wait to see how their colors mature and for the other eggs to hatch.

Comment

Working...
              X