Finally! Auryon Fires Up!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! Auryon Fires Up!

I thought I had seen him fired up before but then I come home between my shifts today and surprise! I of course had to pull him out to get a mini-photoshoot with his handsomeness. I still love him, even if he did surprise me with testicles.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20130707_155112.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	1086916

Name:	20130707_155026.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1086917

This last one was taken a few days ago at night. His colours still look lighter to me in this one than the other two photos.

Name:	20130629_001920.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1086918
    Attached Files
    1.0.1 Crested Gecko (Auryon & Hera)
    0.1.0 Irian Jaya Carpet Python (Serenity)

Very unique pattern!
    If you don't mind me asking, where did you get him from, he looks like he has a bit of MBD ?
    0.2.2 Crested geckos- Nox, Vesper, Ghidorah, Pitaya
    2.0 Gargoyle geckos- Ridley and Serris
    1.0 Rosy boa- Mojave
    1.0 Leachianus- Helios
    0.0.1 Japanese Toad- Fushigibana
    A ton of bugs

Comment

Thank you! I initially had him pegged as a brindle but I'm seeing a lot else going on there too .

As for where I got him from, he came from a breeder at a reptile expo in Toronto back in May. The seller had disclosed that his tail was kinked due to earlier problems with husbandry. The tail is fairly wavy and that is most of what I'm seeing. I thought he might have humps as well but I might be seeing things that aren't there so if you see anything suspicious, do let me know! I've been paranoid about him and am taking him in to work on Friday to get him checked out with xrays and possibly bloodwork. He's already got a UVB light and, of course, calcium on crickets so I want to check if he needs anything extra.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackRoze View Post
        Thank you! I initially had him pegged as a brindle but I'm seeing a lot else going on there too .

As for where I got him from, he came from a breeder at a reptile expo in Toronto back in May. The seller had disclosed that his tail was kinked due to earlier problems with husbandry. The tail is fairly wavy and that is most of what I'm seeing. I thought he might have humps as well but I might be seeing things that aren't there so if you see anything suspicious, do let me know! I've been paranoid about him and am taking him in to work on Friday to get him checked out with xrays and possibly bloodwork. He's already got a UVB light and, of course, calcium on crickets so I want to check if he needs anything extra.
        Looks like he has nice portholes and fringing as well as the awesome pattern

I'm seeing humps as well, two on him. I don't see any underbite or anything else though. I have a crestie that came to me with a wavy/kinked tail too, and it has been tough to clear it up. It seemed to get better once I offered her a dish of calcium in her cage. (I have no idea if she actually licks from it or not though). I also give her calcium on insects too.
        Do you use calcium without D3?
        0.2.2 Crested geckos- Nox, Vesper, Ghidorah, Pitaya
        2.0 Gargoyle geckos- Ridley and Serris
        1.0 Rosy boa- Mojave
        1.0 Leachianus- Helios
        0.0.1 Japanese Toad- Fushigibana
        A ton of bugs

Comment

I see two humps on him as well. Glad to know he's being taken care of
          His colours and patterning are beautiful fired up! I love him
          4.5.5 Crested Geckos
          0.0.1 Corn Snake
          1.1.0 Axolotl
          2.0.0 Ball Python

Comment

@Soli: Yes I do. I already have the UVB and there's D3 in the CGD as well so he should be getting enough through those. I'll try a dish of calcium in there as well, it certainly wouldn't hurt!

@Emmasarah: Thank you! He's certainly stolen my heart, even when he poops on me .

I'm glad to know though that I'm not the only one seeing those humps. I was a bit thrown off by the location since both humps are near shoulders or the pelvis but I've been eyeing them suspiciously for a bit now. I'll be curious to see what his bone structure is on the x-rays and how his calcium sacs are. I haven't had luck getting his mouth open wide enough yet to see them so I'll have to wait until Friday!

Comment

Working...
            X