Unique crested baby hatched.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique crested baby hatched.

This little one is probably not going to make it. The two I have seen over the years did not. I don't want to label as anything as I have no clue. The clutchmate hatched out the day prior and is normal color. Photo was also added here.
    This is from Cosmic Boy and a creamsicle female. All of her other eggs have not made it.

Today

Clutchmate hatched 4/11/13
    www.geckohaven.com
    Cin

That is a crazy neon baby, hope it makes it

Comment

I know people can be sometimes quick to label these, but like you I've seen a few over the years that are different. I really hope one lives, so good luck to your little one!

Reminds me of the one Silveretta hatched a few years ago: http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ique-hatchling

And the one Northern Gecko hatched: http://www.forums.repashy.com/showth...highlight=hypo

Maybe there's something to these guys?
      Krystal

Gekkonidazed Geckos

Comment

Wow I feel like Silveretta was almost a albino, without the pink eyes which obviously would've made it albino. But that one was amazing!

Comment

This one does not have the orangey colored eyes, they seem more a bluish tint?
          www.geckohaven.com
          Cin

Comment

Someone else had mentioned on her fb posts, that we're wondering if these cresteds are under developed? They seem to be lacking pigmentation.

I can only hope the baby survives.
            The Gecko Garden on Facebook - IHerp http://iherp.com/Public/ShowUser.asp...f-3b7f36b4d856

Comment

Does not seem that under developed, small for sure though. It's sibling is ok, a bit weak as well though. Temps for eggs were between 68-70 for the last month. 72 for the time prior.
              I hope it can make it but being it did not absorb much of the yolk, I just don't know that it can.
              www.geckohaven.com
              Cin

Comment

Any update on this little one?
                4.5.5 Crested Geckos
                0.0.1 Corn Snake
                1.1.0 Axolotl
                2.0.0 Ball Python

Comment

Hope he/she is still okay!

Comment

Little baby is still alive. Incredibly weak. But when I picked it up today to try to offer CGD it gaped at me. So some strength. It is the smallest crested that we have hatched out. I don't want to disturb the baby so I am not going to weigh right now, but it is tiny!
                    www.geckohaven.com
                    Cin

Comment

Does everything about it look normal, other than it's weakness, coloration, and tiny size?
                      1.1.4 Crested Geckos
                      0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
                      0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Comment

From what I can tell it all looks normal. Yesterday I found it all curled up around its tail just like a normal crestie would. Just is super tiny.
                        www.geckohaven.com
                        Cin

Comment

I hope it makes it. It's coloring is amazing. Good luck to you both!

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
                          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Really hope the little one pulls through for you. Would love to see one of these guys fully develop.

Comment

This little one is still alive. If I can get it to shed, it might be ok! Even perched on the edge of the deli cup I was using for a little sauna. Going to do the Pedialyte soak now
                              www.geckohaven.com
                              Cin

Comment

Working...
                              X