My Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Collection

Took some new pictures of all my geckos while cleaning and reorganizing their enclosures.

First is Stanford Al my only gargoyle gecko. Mangaged to get him out of his enclosure and into a bin for some rare nice pictures of him. No weight as I can't get him in a small container to weight him, but I am working on it. Any idea on his morph?

Crested Geckos: 1.1.5
    Gargoyle Gecko: 0.0.1
    3 eggs a'cooking in the incubator

And Bertha my female which I will be using for breeding this year. She is 31 grams, and has been in cooling for a couple of months but I am holding off putting Lewis back in with her intill my room warms up to the proper temperature; most likely in a few months (March maybe).

Comment

Lewis, my male a will be pairing with Bertha. He is 30 grams.

Tiny, looks like a she but it could change. She is just a pet right now. About 11 grams.

She was sleeping under her egg carton

Comment

Ham, one of the geckos I will be selling when he grows a bit more. He is 2/3 grams

Jesus is one of the keepers.

Comment

Elliot Pint, he is also a keeper. He is a rusty red/brown colour with port holes and a patch of red spots on his head that only appear occasionally. He is shedding, or starting to shed in the pictures.

And last is Tink. He is another one I am selling once he gains some weight and I am sure he is ready. He is very striped.

Done! Enjoy

Comment

Cute geckos, I especially like Tink and Tiny

Comment

Jesus is the first gecko that hatched for me ergo making him a shoein for favourite

Comment

I like Tiny and Ham!

Comment

May I ask what traits you are breeding for with the cresties? do you have a specific plan or are you just putting them together to breed?

I would say your garg is a reticulated morph, but the retic pattern makes for some cool banding when it fires up. I like that garg!!
                  Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

Originally posted by Saille View Post
                    May I ask what traits you are breeding for with the cresties? do you have a specific plan or are you just putting them together to breed?

I would say your garg is a reticulated morph, but the retic pattern makes for some cool banding when it fires up. I like that garg!!
                    Lewis (the male) has a very nice crest sturcture, which is the main trait I am trying to achive. Bertha also has a crest stucture, but not a match to Lewis, but I am that it will come out on the babies.

The hatchings are pretty much just 'see what comes' out since the previous owners bred Lewis and Bertha and these were the eggs that came after that.

I am still looking for a new male or female with the traits I want to start breeding, but I have yet to find what I want, which is another reason I am holding off on putting Lewis back in with Bertha. In case I find a nicer male, or a female that I think would produce what I want.

Comment

Ah, excellent. Crest structure can be so iffy with breeding, because the genetics aren't yet fully figured out. The male (Lewis) does appear to have good structure from what I saw of the pics. Bertha is cute, but if you do want structure/crests, I would (personally, this is just me though!) hold out for a female with better crests/structure to put Lewis with. You sure got some interesting kids out of the pairing though, for sure! It'll be cool to get updated pics of the holdbacks in a few months to see how they develop!
                      Help! Crested Geckos! 0.1.Leachie, 2.1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Chahoua, 2.1. Blue Tongue Skinks, 1.1. White Lined Geckos, 1.3. African Fat Tails, 2.2.0 Tokay Geckos, 1.0. Giant Day Gecko, 2 tarantulas

Comment

Thanks. I was planning on putting the money I get from selling Ham and Tink (although I will be sad to see them go) into purchasing a female (or male) at the next expo.

I do like the interesting patterns on the ones I got from Bertha and Lewis, and I would like to keep breeding them and seeing what comes out.

Comment

Very cute group you have there!
                          Crestopia Reptiles
                          http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

Nice geckos.
                            My Flickr photo page

http://www.flickr.com/photos/madaboutcichlids/

Comment

New pictures of three of the four babies

Comment

Working...
                              X