Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 1st Crestie!

Hello!

I've been reading around here for a while, among other places, researching cresties and I finally went out and bought my first crestie today. I can't tell you how excited I am! Here is a picture, let me know what you think. It is the picture form the stores website, not my own. I'll be getting some of my own soon. He is still sitting in the cup I he came home in that is inside his cage. Hopefully tonight he will wonder out and check out his new home. I hope I can attach he picture ok.

Extreme Harley, partial pinstripe. I thought he was a steal for $75
    Last edited by Madtown Cresties; 08-07-2009, 07:44 PM.
    - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
    0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)

Gorgeous!!!! He was a steal! And also welcome to the addition From VA!
    Crestopia Reptiles
    http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

Aw. He's a good looking boy.
      www.emilysgeckos.com

Comment

Any chance "Madtown" refers to Madison, Wisconsin? If so, I might be able to tell you a little bit about that gecko.

Gary
        Gary Hamann
        Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by sciteacher View Post
          Any chance "Madtown" refers to Madison, Wisconsin? If so, I might be able to tell you a little bit about that gecko.

Gary
          Indeed it is referring to Madison. And I think I have heard of you from the place I bought this little guy. I think he originally came from you!

Anyway, this question is for anyone but perhaps you could provide a little more insight knowing the background of this little guy.

In a year or two, definitely not anytime soon, I will most likely want to get into breeding to expand my collection and see what kind of projects I can get into. Since I want to get 2-3 females to go with this guy sometime in the next week, I need to think about what morphs/traits I want to breed with this little guy now (even though it won't be for a year or two). So any suggestions? There is not much out there as far as what morphs should/could be bred together.

Thanks!
          - Levi

1.2.5 Crested Geckos (Fidget, Sprinkles, Midget, Foxy, Chili, Skittles, Poppler, and Perdie)
          0.0.1 gargoyle (Pickles)

Comment

If you haven't seen it yet, take a look at this thread... http://pangeareptile.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25549
            Those are pictures taken by the original buyer back in May and show his colors a little more accurately than your posted picture. He came from my pinstripe group, but didn't get a real high percentage pinstripe. He's got the genetics, so he might do well with some pinstripe females, but what I really like about him is his bright white sides. If I was trying to start a project with him, that's what I'd focus on.

Gary
            Gary Hamann
            Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Comment

This is a neat thread. It's a small crested world!

Congrats on the new gecko!

Comment

congrats on your first crestie! &he's a beautiful boy i'd definitely stay a steal, most of mine were babies from pet stores that turned into beauties so i never paid more than $50, actually $65 once! but welcome to pangea
                2.1 Crested Geckos RIP Bella, Marley, Sticky, Kinky, Brick, Chance, Taz, Pinner, Anna, Kali, and Nahla My beautiful babies - gone but never forgotten!
                Pinky, Ziggy

Reese

Comment

Working...
                X