White-sided Harley and Tiger

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White-sided Harley and Tiger

I got this juvenile Harley at a local show and I believe its a male. I love how solid and white his sides are. I have no idea what the parents look like so I dont know of he will be more of a cream animal or more orange??? The other new one is a Yellow Tiger. I know Tigers arent the most popular but this guy has a nice Mustard color when fired up and has a huge crest for a little 5 gram animal.
    -

-
    Artwork and Graphic Design
    http://khillsondesign.carbonmade.com/

Both gorgeous cresties, nice score! The colour on the first is really nice and I really like the nice "snakey head" on the tigers tail.
    Many Cresties (Chloe, Moka, Stoney, Phantom, Sootie and Tango) -0.1 Leopard gecko (Violet) -1.2 Ball Pythons (Jonas, Bunny, Porscha) -0.1 Amel corn (Papaya) 1.0 Butter corn (Bugsy) 1.0 Super Dwarf Reticulated Python (Tag) 1.0 W. Hognose (Huff)
    1.1 Dogs (Chaos, Phoebe)
    1.1 Cats (Mr Pickles, Delilah)
    1.2 aquariums (1 fresh 2 salt)

Comment

Keith,

That first one isn't the probable male you picked up from me is it? It looks a lot like some of the partial pins I brought to the show, but I don't remember the one you bought having that much white on the sides. Just curious.

Gary
      Gary Hamann
      Ridge and Valley Reptiles

www.ridgeandvalleyreptiles.com

Comment

They are both very pretty!!! I do like the high contrast in the first one.

Tigers are very popular with me.....
        5.7.1 Crested Gecko
        2.0 Leopard Gecko

Comment

That first gecko is killer!!

Comment

Originally posted by sciteacher View Post
            Keith,

That first one isn't the probable male you picked up from me is it? It looks a lot like some of the partial pins I brought to the show, but I don't remember the one you bought having that much white on the sides. Just curious.

Gary
            Yeah thats him Gary. When I got him from you the sides had a more orange cast. The last week or so the sides have been more white or cream colored??? Very pretty Gecko I just wish I could make him grow faster for my big girl

Here is a pic of him the day after I got him from you.

Keith

Comment

The more I looked at him, the more I was sure it was my gecko. That cream has really intensified in only a couple of weeks. He's a good example of why I usually hold back quite a few geckos until they are 15 - 20 grams. By then you know where there colors are going and you've seen them fired up enough times to know what they look like when they are at their best. I just didn't have many geckos for that show so the night before I pulled a few of the younger ones that normally I'd hold on to a little longer. Thanks for the updated pictures. Always nice to see the geckos progress.

As for not knowing anything about the parents... if you can remind me what the label said when you bought him, I could tell you a little bit about his background. Was the sire "Pins" or "Yeller"?

Gary
              Gary Hamann

Comment

Wow, fantastic!
                Madeline
                moonrisegeckos@gmail.com
                Like me on Facebook!
                http://https://www.facebook.com/moonrise.geckos

Comment

I'm a very big fan of tigers and high contrast flames/harlequins. Those two look great!
                  1.1 Lampropeltis getula (Caldera, Zorro), 1.1 Crested gecko (Hiyori & Sundae), 0.1 Western hognose snake (Hinamori Momo), 1.0 African house snake (Kensei), 0.0.1 Amazon tree boa (Kon)

Comment

gary, you have some gorgeous animals!
                    ~amber~
                    rivercityrhacs.com

Comment

I agree they are lovely, and that first is just amazing
                      Roxanne
                      and the zoo
                      www.geckoluv.com

Comment

Im pretty sure it said pins.

Keith

Originally posted by sciteacher View Post
                        The more I looked at him, the more I was sure it was my gecko. That cream has really intensified in only a couple of weeks. He's a good example of why I usually hold back quite a few geckos until they are 15 - 20 grams. By then you know where there colors are going and you've seen them fired up enough times to know what they look like when they are at their best. I just didn't have many geckos for that show so the night before I pulled a few of the younger ones that normally I'd hold on to a little longer. Thanks for the updated pictures. Always nice to see the geckos progress.

As for not knowing anything about the parents... if you can remind me what the label said when you bought him, I could tell you a little bit about his background. Was the sire "Pins" or "Yeller"?

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by getula;
                          Im pretty sure it said pins.

Keith
                          OK, Pins is my main "stud" for my pinstripe group. I bought him as a youngster from someone who had bought him from Allen Repashy. He's a full pinstripe who consistently produces really high contrast harlies with high % pinstriping. The mother of this one would be "Uno" a high contrast super harly who has wonderful structure. One thing she almost always adds is a fringe of white crests that go right up sides of the head. She was produced by Randy May (NeoScales) and I bought her as an unsexed baby. Those who have been around long enough will remember Randy and the quality geckos he produced.

Gary
                          Gary Hamann

Comment

Any pics of them available? Thanks for the info Gary. Hey do you have any or produce any Red Harleys?

Keith

Comment

Very Nice Geckos!!
                              Crestopia Reptiles
                              http://crestopiareptiles.webs.com/

8.20.34.43 Crested Geckos, 2.2.0.4 Gargoyle Geckos, 0.2.0 Leachies, 2.0.1 Pictus Geckos, 0.1 AKSB, 0.0.1 RETF, 1.2.0 Dogs

Comment

Working...
                              X