Anyone able to sex?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone able to sex?

Sorry for the bad pic, about 11 months old. Very hard to see any femoral pores with a magnifying glass, completely different than my smaller, same age male, who has a MUCH larger bulge, and very obvious pores. Is this too large of a bulge for a female?
    Attached Files

Yup, male. But, if you don't see any pores, what kind of thing are you using? A jeweler's loupe would be best.

Comment

In all honesty it's just a cheap reading magnifying glass that I had from when I was a kid. I've been looking into getting a jeweler's loupe. A remember a long long time ago I used the magnifying glass, and coming away from that experience 100% certain they were both males...I just questioned it briefly tonight. How certain would you say you are that it is indeed a male? Again I apologize for the bad pics...I was using my only camera, which is on my playstation :P

Comment

can you get a better side/profile shot of the back end. I saw the first photo and thought female, saw the seond and thought male. Better pics wopudl definetly help, even with theat camera try and take afew shots focused onthe vent area from the side and other angles and im sure we could probably give better more difinitive answers.
        http://www.enviedreptiles.com/
        Check it , You wont regret it.

Comment

Few more pics taken this morning, had to work overnight last night. Any guesses?
          Attached Files

Comment

A little more background may help as well. I was given the geckos as a gift, and upon receiving them, I honestly knew very little about them. I spent months researching them, and learned of the territorial nature of males. My confirmed male began getting beaten up a bit by the gecko shown here, so I separated them. In the time that they lived together from juvies up until a few months ago...my male would stack on top of the gecko in question (no copulation...literally just stacking) and they were often together in the habitat until they started fighting. My confirmed male never showed any signs of aggression, it was always the gecko that is shown here that initiated all of the squabbles.

Any help is appreciated!

Comment

That is a tough one, especially with such dark photos. I know females can get away with bigger bulges sometimes so this is a toss up. What is the weight on this gecko?
              For right now, I think if you really can't see pores, then this is probably female. Though that doesn't help you at all. =P

Comment

No worries...I really appreciate you guys taking the time to help...I just wish I had a better camera than the playstation eye Let me get back to you on it's weight, my scale is at a buddies house

Comment

I've given up on the photos haha, they're just too dark/blurry/bad. If I do get a jeweler's loupe, will I be able to be 100% certain?

Comment

Working...
                  X