Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SweetKittyKat
    replied
    Sven is so pretty! One of your hatchlings looks just like her so that's pretty sweet. It'll be exciting watching them "grow into" their morphs!

Leave a comment:

• Crested Lady
    replied
    Beautiful babies! Guess what? You're going to be hooked on breeding now. Congratulations!

Different people use various techniques to raise their hatchlings. You'll find that in the world of reptiles, there is no rock solid single RIGHT way to do almost anything. Breeders in the past have raised their hatchlings on supplemented baby food, others use CGD, still others (such as myself) use an alternating diet of crickets and CGD. Experiment a bit and tweak your methods until you find something that clicks for you and your stock. Each gecko, just like each person, is unique and possesses their own requirements. You know your stock better than anyone else. Take advice with a grain of salt, but be sure to keep an open mind to advice and suggestions. Usually the people who make them have prior knowledge of a subject and only impart their suggestions as a way to prevent people from experiencing their same issues. Most aren't judging, just trying to help.

Congratulations again! Nothing beats seeing new hatchlings!!! Especially your first hatchlings.

Leave a comment:

• Jateui
    replied
    Wow, they both look great! I'm sure they'll look quite like their parents when they get older. Very nice.

Leave a comment:

• Lumpynutz
    replied
    congrats on the babies!

who names their geckos after swedish ski instructers? lolz.....sven

Leave a comment:

• kennedy7717
    replied
    Trintage,
    WOW beautiful babies! i know what you feel like it sucks when someone rains on your parade. i an a new crestie owner almost 2 weeks now. I have 2 males and I can't wait to get babies (Yes I know I have to get females also) My disclaimer. Anyway when i called my mom to tell her about my babies i got a lecture on make sure you know how to take care of them and it is a big responsibility. Great advise if I was a kid I'm not, been quite a few years since I was. No harm was meant by her anymore than here sometimes.

have fun with your babies and I look forward to more pics

Leave a comment:

• Trintage
    replied
    Yes, I guess I was being too defensive. I just grow weary of this happening to me, I guess. I don't think I have even talked to James on a forum before.

Leave a comment:

• ChelseaMae
    replied
    Trintage,

I think your new babies are gorgeous and the parents look amazing as well! I am new to Cresties, but I put a lot of time into educating myself about them. Nonetheless, I've found that with half the things you say here you have to give a disclaimer of some sort to reassure everyone that you know what you're doing. People often assume the worst instead of just trusting you. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be, considering that if you're ready to be breeding your geckos, you are probably very knowledgeable and shouldn't be questioned. I hope that people will not take offense to what I am saying. I know that correction and advice is needed and often even requested. But the attitude with which this is done should be caring, not condescending.

Also... I agree on your decision to hold off on crickets for now...and I don't really want to get into the baby food debate (especially because you're not even planning on feeding them that for very long), but when did baby food become so tabboo? Before CGD came around that was a staple of a Crested Gecko's diet.

Hope I could make you feel a little better, Trintage.

Leave a comment:

• Rhacsetc08
    replied
    Originally posted by Trintage View Post
    I guess I'm sorry I'm so defensive. It is just that every time I post somehting with excitement, ie eggs or hatchlings or whatever, I am instantly corrected. I didnt want to feed fresh hatchlings crickets because to me that sounds dangerous, and as I already explained, CGD was already on order. I just want to share my first hatchlings with a group of people who actually appreciate these geckos. Everyone has different ways of dealing with problems, and I feel that I have been responsible in my actions, and that my geckos are very well taken care of, and yet I find I cannot post in this forum without being chastised. I agree that advice is important for the better understanding and development and care of our critters, but I also would like to allow my little buggers to be appreciated. I've tried to maintain a happy attitude here, but I feel frustrated nontheless.
    I'd like to start by saying congrats on such beautiful babies! They kinda look like the parents,,huh? None the less they're georgous and theres nothing like those first hatchlings.

But I don't think James was trying to offend you or tell you that your wrong he was just looking out for your geckos. I think he was just letting you know what would'v been better than babyfood, not to offend you, but to try and help your geckos.

Leave a comment:

• Trintage
    replied
    I guess I'm sorry I'm so defensive. It is just that every time I post somehting with excitement, ie eggs or hatchlings or whatever, I am instantly corrected. I didnt want to feed fresh hatchlings crickets because to me that sounds dangerous, and as I already explained, CGD was already on order. I just want to share my first hatchlings with a group of people who actually appreciate these geckos. Everyone has different ways of dealing with problems, and I feel that I have been responsible in my actions, and that my geckos are very well taken care of, and yet I find I cannot post in this forum without being chastised. I agree that advice is important for the better understanding and development and care of our critters, but I also would like to allow my little buggers to be appreciated. I've tried to maintain a happy attitude here, but I feel frustrated nontheless.

Leave a comment:

• Misskiwi67
    replied
    Originally posted by Trintage View Post
    I don't like how you can't say anything on this forum without being told you are wrong.
    Do you know of a forum where you wouldn't be given excellent advice when the opportunity arose? If so, I'd imagine it would be quite boring and useless. He didn't say you were wrong, just suggesting an additional option since you obviously want the best for your babies and have the CGD on order.

Leave a comment:

• Trintage
    replied
    I don't like how you can't say anything on this forum without being told you are wrong.

Leave a comment:

• Gecko buddy
    replied
    The parents are awsome! Hope the hatchlings turn out nice. Congrads.

Leave a comment:

• James
    replied
    Congrats on the babies.

P.S. : Crickets are a much better alternative then baby food and can make an ample of their diet. This would give them better nutrition while you await your order of CDG (which if you order it from Matthew it only take a couple days).

Leave a comment:

• Debbie
    replied
    Hatchlings are just so cute! Congrats with them!

Leave a comment:

• Trintage
    replied
    Oh, and the parents:
    Mama (Sven):

Papa (Apollo):

Leave a comment:

Working...
X