Tank background

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank background

I am moving my western bearded anole into a larger tank, and will be making it bioactive. The new tank is an Exo Terra 18x18x36, and it came with a "banyon tree" foam background. The box says that it is "ready for bioactive", but I am wondering how well the foam background holds up to humid substrate with time. I like the cork backgrounds best, but if you think this foam one would work, I wouldn't be opposed to using it, I just don't want it to fall apart and cause some other problems in the future.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Not really advice, but I hate the backgrounds and don't use them in any of my vivs.
    3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

I don't really like the foam ones, but have been very happy with cork backgrounds so far. I would really like it if the folks who make the static clings (for the outside of the tank) would make them for vertical tanks. The only ones I've seen are for horizontal ones. I've bought the tropical ones anyway, and turn them vertical and it's not really noticeable unless you look closely, just nice and green. Still, I wish they'd make vertical ones!
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
      X