Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suitable Enclosure Size for Single Crested

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what everyone's thoughts are about enclosure size for a single crested? I am willing to purchase whatever size is more appropriate for an adult crested and I know people always say bigger is better, but I figured I'd ask.

I'm thinking of going with a 18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra, but was also contemplating a 12 x 12 x 18 Exo Terra. I was also thinking of getting a 20H tank and buying a conversion kit to make it a front opening terrarium.

Thanks in advance for any opinions.

Kind regards
    12 x 12 x 18 Exo Terra
    41.67%
    18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra
    58.33%
    20H Tank w/ Front Opening Conversion Kit
    0.00%
    Tyler

I love my 2 18×18×24 exo. The only downside is when you have to move them there a b to do so at least for me. There just heavy.
    Crested geckos 4:5:15
    Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

Ok, I'm just going to spring for the 18 x 18 x 24 Exo Terra and go all out since it will be a live viv. I'm thinking of incorporating a portion of a banyan tree and making it as natural as possible.

Thanks!
      Tyler

Comment

Sounds great. Good luck an post pictures.
        Crested geckos 4:5:15
        Chewie. 0:1:1

http://www.facebook.com/cjgeckos

Comment

I'm surprised nobody voted on the 20H, anyone have any opinions on a 20H turned vertically for a crestie?

Thanks!
          Tyler

Comment

I'd probably go with a 29 or 40 breeder overturned then a 20H personally. And making a functional, easy to use door is kind of a pain. Do-able. But work. Especially if you lack carpentry or glass skills.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky125 View Post
              I'd probably go with a 29 or 40 breeder overturned then a 20H personally. And making a functional, easy to use door is kind of a pain. Do-able. But work. Especially if you lack carpentry or glass skills.
              That is true, I have some experience building them from my years of keeping dart frogs. I ended up getting a 20H and I'm going to make it a live viv that is front opening. I figured its much more space than a 12 x 12 x 18 for one crestie.

Thanks
              Tyler

Comment

Working...
              X