New to the forum! please help with these questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the forum! please help with these questions

Wassup guys im a newbie to this forum and also to cresties which i never had one yet, but ive had 2 bearded dragons before which is completely different. But i want to try somthing new so im thinking of getting a crested gecko in January at a reptile show. So i hope u guys can answer some of my questions to help me out, thanks for your time
    1.How much am i gonna spend on a top notch morph?
    2.what are the top notch morphs or what are all the morphs and colors?
    3.What do you guys feed your gecko that u recommend?
    4.Can i house 1 crested gecko in a 12x12x18tall exo-terra?, this is my main question so please help me out

#1:
    A top notch morph can range between 200-400$, but if you're just getting it as a pet, I'd stick under the $200 mark, you can get some nice babies for the low to mid 100$'s

#2:
    You can read about them here:
    http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...ko-Morph-Guide
    As far as 'top notch' goes, depends on the lineage and the appearance

#3:
    Many feed Repashy (readily available in most pet stores, so easy to get), others use Pangea Complete. I believe these are the two most popular brands, but there's also Clarks, etc. I personally use Pangea.

#4:
    You can, some people keep adults in that tank size; however, I find it too small for an adult Crested, and many upgrade them to an 18x18x24 exo-terra. If you don't want to make two big money dump upgrades, you could keep your baby/juvi in tubs until it reaches a good weight and then buy their forever home-tank.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Thanks for your reply it helped alot, one more questions and harleys whats there price

Comment

I see harlies with various prices. Babies are usually 200 and under while the more grown ones whose colors are more easily classified go for higher, especially the high contrast ones. I think if you looked at the expo it wouldn't be too hard to find a nice harly in the 100s range and still have it be a nice animal.
        Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
        Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
        1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Baby harlequins can be hard to judge. Many will develop more pattern later on, and it can be hard to see contrast when they are small and not fired up. Fired up means they are at their most intense coloration, which depends on their mood, time of day, stress, etc. Try to research which breeders will be at the show you will attend, and do some reconnaissance before you go to find out as much as you can about their critters - check out websites, Facebook pages, etc. and look at pictures. If you see any babies or breeders that you like, you can contact them before the show and arrange to buy one. Or you can just wait to see what's there at the show and buy a gecko that strikes your fancy.
          Specializing in Crested Geckos
          Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
          Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
          Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Thanks you guys ^^

Comment

Working...
            X