Opinions on my setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on my setup

I was hoping to get some opinions on my crested setup. It's a 20 high tank turned up on it's side with pangea cork bankground and magnaturals medium cave. The mopani wood, plants, and cork branch are from petco. For bedding I'm using repti bark over canyon gravel for excess water to drain off (the chucks are quite large and there's some smaller pieces too). The ladder, rope vine, and rug are made of twine and popsicle sticks.

I know it feels kinda bare right now but I'm to add a full canopy to the top of the tank, a hammock, a rope bridge, possibly a feeding ledge (Lantern knows where to find his food right now so I'm hesitant to move it), and more plants.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ladder.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	1095153Click image for larger version

Name:	rug.jpg
Size:	78.9 KB
ID:	1095154Click image for larger version

Name:	tank.jpg
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	1095155
    1.0.1 Crested Geckos
    1.0 Retrieveacatador
    0.1 House Panther/DIVA

Looks like your off to a great start! In my opinion, more cover and more horizontal perches, but you said there is still more to add so you're good.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Do you feed crickets in the set up? If so, you may want to switch to a different substrate. If a gecko accidentally swallows one of the bark pieces, it could obstruct the GI tract, causing a major problem. Otherwise, that is a nice enclosure.
      1.1.4 Crested Geckos
      0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
      0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Comment

Originally posted by insaneglitchx View Post
        Do you feed crickets in the set up? If so, you may want to switch to a different substrate. If a gecko accidentally swallows one of the bark pieces, it could obstruct the GI tract, causing a major problem. Otherwise, that is a nice enclosure.
        I always feed bugs in a kritter keeper, not that Lantern eats them, but I don't feed them in his tank.
        1.0.1 Crested Geckos
        1.0 Retrieveacatador
        0.1 House Panther/DIVA

Comment

Looks pretty good. They do like vines and bamboo to run around on too.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

I like it! I'd get a digital thermometer/hygrometer, and definitely put more plants in there. The mopani will mold pretty quickly, as I learned the hard way. You may have by now as well since this is an old-ish post.
            1.0.0 R. auriculatus - Quinn
            1.0.0 C. ciliatus - Good Hank
            1.0.0 Mutt - Waldo
            1.2.0 Cats - Oliver, Dharia and Chloe
            iherp.com/sarahberry

Comment

Originally posted by sarahberry View Post
              I like it! I'd get a digital thermometer/hygrometer, and definitely put more plants in there. The mopani will mold pretty quickly, as I learned the hard way. You may have by now as well since this is an old-ish post.
              Really? I've NEVER had any mold show up on my mopani wood in the year that I've had them o-o I never even 'boiled' them cus i got them from petsmart and was a noob back then. P: Though it all depends on how 'wet' your substrate gets..
              Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
              Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
              1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

It could have been that mine was sitting on the bottom of the tank, where it "lived" in a damp paper towel environment. The whole bottom of the wood turned blue. I just use it for photo shoots now.
                1.0.0 R. auriculatus - Quinn
                1.0.0 C. ciliatus - Good Hank
                1.0.0 Mutt - Waldo
                1.2.0 Cats - Oliver, Dharia and Chloe
                iherp.com/sarahberry

Comment

I've added a bend a bridge suction cupped to the ceiling since this, but I haven't had any issues with mold so far.
                  1.0.1 Crested Geckos
                  1.0 Retrieveacatador
                  0.1 House Panther/DIVA

Comment

Working...
                  X