Two more live vivs!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two more live vivs!

So Sita and Arafel are growing up! Sita is at 30 grams now and Arafel is close behind at ~26 grams. I feel like such a proud momma since I raised them up from 7 grams! Ant wait till they're close to 40 grams and nice fleshed out men. Lol! That aside, getting bigger means it's time to move out! They'll be leaving their 12x12x18 exo terra tanks that have been theirs since babies. The fake plants are going and they're getting tons more space as they'll soon have 16x16x30 enclosures of their own.

Part of me hopes the move will cause Sita to settle down a bit (he's in the flighty teenager phase of gecko puberty where he wants to see some girls so his personality has taken turn. To the point I can't even mist without worrying about him flying out of his tank).

They'll be just like Honey Bear's, modified repti breeze tanks. And now I have learned from HB's project and this time around will be much easier.

I'll have the tanks and supplies by the end of this week and I'll have the plants and substrate next week (ganna order it with my next paycheck).

this time I'll actually take progression shots lol something I failed to do last time. I highly recommend this method for those who are budget watching! It's so much cheaper than buying a glass tank and it holds humidity a lot better too if done right. (My glass tanks drop to the low 70s in humidity by morning while my repti breeze is still up in the 80s lol and it has a bunch of little slits that I missed Cus I didn't cut the plastic right)
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Boo delay issue with ups. I doubt I'll get my tanks today but they are just an hours drive away so maybe I'll get them tonight. Hoping I'll get my wood too today. Got a 40"x100" roll if shrink wrap that I'm ganna use as the plastic to cover the sides.
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0982.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1067125

Both tanks have their wooden frames fitted for the plastic that I'll be applying tomorrow/later tonight. Just hot-glued together, completely removable from the enclosure itself. Should have the other supplies later this week.
      Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Just got my package from NEHERP, here is a shot of one of the tanks with the layer of hydroballs, screen, and NEHERP's substrate and springtails:

Name:	IMG_0986.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1067152

Here is a shot of the other tank, same substrate, but I've put up the cork flats BG and filled in gaps with dried moss. Slapped a piece of wood up there and some grapevine down below. You can see the little 'pebble pond' as I like to call it, which I really like because its not only drinkable, but soak-able as well and when it needs cleaned, you can just remove it, wash the pebbles and replace and it will never be 'too deep' because of the pebbles. (these are aquarium pebbles not.. just random pebbles from outside).

Name:	IMG_0985.jpg
Size:	93.4 KB
ID:	1067153

Still working on it. I need to go get the shower basket things, plant them and hot glue them in, and so on so forth. I got the gecko package of plants from NEHERP so I'm hoping I can get that moss to grow because it's so beautiful@_@ and i love moss.. idk why... I just find it so cool (both in its make-up and looks)
        Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

rearranged a few things, moved over Arafel's plant that had been in his tank for awhile (the yellow lined snake plant) put in the moss, etc. I still need to glue on the baskets and such for the remainng plants I want to put in there, but so far it's looking quite nice. Hoping my petstore will get in some nicer looking rounds so I can give Arafel and sita some more perches and hides but they had to order from a new supplier so who knows when it'll get here. The 'grapevine' I got ... I... to say the least, was not impressed. They were just lumps of thick, boring, flat pieces... nothing like the picture of legit branches -facepalm- next time I'll just order from Pangea even if it is a bit more pricey because at least from them.... I know I'll be getting real nice looking vines. Aside from the snake plants, i have creeping fig in the back right that's somewhat hard to see, but it should look really cool when it starts growing up the tank walls. And of course you have a Tillandsias that i put on the cork via a small dab of hot glue. The one Ara. has is a Tillandsia tectorum, the second one i got will go in Sita's and it's a Tillandsia tenuifolia 'blue flower' version.

Name:	IMG_0987.jpg
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	1067154

Yes, Arafel is in there now. Yes, normally you should allow a month AT LEAST for the plants to settle but... I don't have the room to let 2 16x16x30 tanks sit for 1-2 months with lights on (believe it or not... I don't have enough plug-ins in this damn house that are in appropriate places... most of them are 'in the way' should I have to plug something in) so Ara. has moved in. Still, because of this I'm making sure to put the plants in as securely as I can, using fishing twine if need be.

Name:	IMG_0989.jpg
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	1067155

(ps, the second tilli you see on the bottom there is the blue flower one, it's only in there to keep it moist until I get the cork to finish the 2nd tank)
          Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

ALL DONE! (minus a few things for Arafel)

To kick it off... Sita being weird and I found him sleeping like this when I got home from work. Under his ledge seems to be his favorite place right now as he gets used to his new enclosure since I didn't bring anything of his (had his scent on it) from his old tank into the new other than his plant (the wood pieces wouldn't fit right at the bottom and are too heavy to glue on). I still need to add pebbles to the 'pond at the bottom (no, there is no water in it yet don't worry haha)

Name:	IMG_0996.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	1067170

Next we have Sita's enclosure, which is 99% done. I feel like a lower horizantal perch down at the bottom, attached to the right side of the screen would be the final piece, it seems like it needs it there. Just a small one. I also have to fill in the BG with moss, cusI ran out and have yet to buy more ROFL

Name:	IMG_0997.jpg
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	1067171

Name:	IMG_0998.jpg
Size:	94.3 KB
ID:	1067172

Name:	IMG_0999.jpg
Size:	91.2 KB
ID:	1067173

Next up is Arafel's, again, 99% finished, I want to add 1-2 more smaller branches in there. There was going to be a hung plant from the top but... I feel it's just too big and will hog too much light. It was a "Lipstick Vine" which is okay, it'll just be a nice house plant to add to my room xD.

Name:	IMG_1001.jpg
Size:	91.9 KB
ID:	1067174

Name:	IMG_1002.jpg
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	1067175

Name:	IMG_1003.jpg
Size:	93.3 KB
ID:	1067176

I have 3 'lucky bamboo' stalks in Honey's enclosure. two have... completely skyrocketed since planting in there, I think they love the light cus the 3rd one thats more in the shade hasn't really grown. So I might put the 2 'smaller' ones in Ara and Sita's pebble pond so they can grow too
            But yeah. there ya go folks. P:

Comments/critiques welcomed
            Sovereign Reptiles

Comment

Working...
            X