new to the game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new to the game

Hi everyone I'm a new member and I have my first crested gecko. I started a semi natural vivarium and I have a question or two right now I'm using a 13w daylight cfl 6500k 800 L Works great for the plants and my gecko seems fine but is that a OK choice also using distilled water in mister can't find definite answers and would love advice also gecko eating great and started to handle and still happy
    Attached Files

Hello and welcome to the addiction!

I saw your used ID and have to ask--do you play the harp too?
    Boston Terrier 1.0, Stetson R.I.P. 8/15/2015.
    Rough Collie (rescued) 1.0, Teddy
    Crested Geckos 9.11.12
    Pine Isle Chahoua 1.0.1 Hunter, Cami
    Leopard Geckos 1.2 Confetti, Snowdrop, & Beauty
    Bearded Dragon 1.0 Jayden

Comment

All the time lol

Comment

You'll find that cresties are as addicting as harps, and like harps, you can't stop at just one.

I play a Triplett Celtic II in walnut and also have a Sharpsicle-turned-Fullsicle.

It's great to meet another harp person.
        Boston Terrier 1.0, Stetson R.I.P. 8/15/2015.
        Rough Collie (rescued) 1.0, Teddy
        Crested Geckos 9.11.12
        Pine Isle Chahoua 1.0.1 Hunter, Cami
        Leopard Geckos 1.2 Confetti, Snowdrop, & Beauty
        Bearded Dragon 1.0 Jayden

Comment

Unfortunately I don't play by harp I was meaning reptile but wow very impressive

Comment

Hi there,

Distilled water in the mister is the way to go. It prevents the buildup of minerals that you'd get from tap water and also reduces the likelihood of algae growing in it (not enough nutrients for them).

Your tank looks good. If you can add a bit more cover and climbing places near the top of it -- such as a horizontal branch -- your crestie would appreciate it.

Keep us posted on how things are going!
            3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Thank you very much and I will I have air plants on the bottom there small but hopefully they will take off soon I'll take a pic of cobo(the gecko) my Son a year and a half named him

Comment

Originally posted by harplife View Post
                Unfortunately I don't play by harp I was meaning reptile but wow very impressive
                Nice tank! Just wanted to let you know, it's "herp". Don't want you to start telling people you love harps when it's actually herps lol
                Mary Frizzell
                Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Comment

Lol I no my phone must have auto corrected it do u no how to change user name?

Comment

Originally posted by harplife View Post
                    Lol I no my phone must have auto corrected it do u no how to change user name?
                    Message the owner of this forum, his user name is MatthewParks. I changed mine a while back too
                    Mary Frizzell
                    Check out my Facebook page at "Good Luck Geckos"

Comment

Working...
                    X