Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SIX DIFFERENT TERRARIUM GECKO SET UPS...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SIX DIFFERENT TERRARIUM GECKO SET UPS...

Tetra Fauna Tanks for Gargoyles
    ARROClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0004 (2).jpg
Views:	3
Size:	101.0 KB
ID:	1091674
    KEKOClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0007 - Copy.jpg
Size:	98.8 KB
ID:	1091675
    Exo Terra Live Vivarium for male Crested Gecko
    MUNKEYClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0016.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.2 KB
ID:	1091676
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0025.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	1091679
    Exo Terra Tanks for female Crested Geckos
    ZIGGYClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0018.jpg
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	1091677
    PEACHClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0020.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	1091678
    Medium KK for baby Gargoyle Gecko
    PEBBLESClick image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0028.jpg
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	1091680

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

I love your set ups!! How are you attaching the vines, etc. to the glass? Also, do the gargs actually go right into that water dish or are they simply drinking from that?
    Last edited by Pugwinkle; 05-30-2014, 08:26 AM. Reason: asked a second question
    5.4.9 Crested Gecko
    1.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0.0 Chahoua Gecko

Visit My FB page - Candy Box Geckos. Please give it a "LIKE" and mention you stopped by and I will visit your page as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugwinkle View Post
      I love your set ups!! How are you attaching the vines, etc. to the glass? Also, do the gargs actually go right into that water dish or are they simply drinking from that?
      Thank you,
      I try to provide them with something they might like and mimics their underbrush natural habitat

The large water dishes are for the gargoyles to sit in when they want too. They seem to use these dishes quite a lot at night and especially in warmer weather. I always keep the water very shallow, 1/4 inch or so. Freshen it weekly or sooner if they have bathed or pooped in it. Which they do! It also provides another humidity source for the tanks. My crested geckos all have dishes in their tanks for the same purpose. I provide drinking water in their ledges with their food.

I secure the vines a couple of different ways. In the live vivarium I have curled one end of the vine and attached it to the top screen using plastic coated jewelers wire so it won't rust. I always do the shaping to form the vines prior to attaching. Makes it much easier that way.

In Peaches tank that is the same size as the viv but faux, I purchased some strong earth magnets from Pangea. I used lots of hot glue to form a solid chunky ring around the vine. Where the magnet was to be placed I put a large deposit of hot glue and set the magnet into it. I then used more got glue to seal the edges of the magnet securing it onto the vine. Hope that makes sense. I can take a picture if you need be. The vines stay up really well and it helps anchor them horizontally across the tank.

In the 18x18 cube I have the vines wrapped around the blue pool noodle that is secured with suction cups holding it up. I put a piece of bamboo inside the noodle to make it rigid and still be lightweight. Ziggy loves to hang out up on the pool noodle with her vines...

In the little KK, that's a bird toy ladder with silk vines wrapped in and out of the rungs and secured with dollar store suction cups that have the hooks.

For the silk vines that are hanging straight down I use the coated jewelers wire. I found the Wondering Jew silk plants at Goodwill and cut runners off to use. Curl the wire ends of the runner and secure to the top. My cresteds in particular use these the most. They are like little Tarzans flinging themselves from one to another I do find my female garg playing in them sometimes too.

The nice thing about having all the vines secured in these different ways is that it can all be changed around. Cleaning is still very straight forward.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

Comment

Looking Fantastic!! Beautiful job
        4.24.0 Crested Geckos
        0.2.0 Leopard Gecko

FB: Geckos by Design

Comment

Beautiful setups
          1.0.0 Leopard Gecko Dexter
          2.1.1 Fire Bellied Toads Mr. Toad, Wart, Croak & Splosh
          1.1.0 Bearded Dragons Norbert & Saphira
          0.0.1 Crested Gecko Naboo
          0.0.1 Hainan Cave Gecko Voodoo

Comment

Originally posted by JumpinJewels View Post
            The large water dishes are for the gargoyles to sit in when they want too. They seem to use these dishes quite a lot at night and especially in warmer weather. I always keep the water very shallow, 1/4 inch or so. Freshen it weekly or sooner if they have bathed or pooped in it. Which they do! It also provides another humidity source for the tanks. My crested geckos all have dishes in their tanks for the same purpose. I provide drinking water in their ledges with their food.
            That is really interesting about the water dishes. I had no idea that the geckos would enjoy having a very shallow pool in the enclosure and as you mentioned it would also help with the humidity. Thanks or this info as well as all the info on how you went about attaching your vines, etc.
            5.4.9 Crested Gecko
            1.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko
            1.0.0 Chahoua Gecko

Visit My FB page - Candy Box Geckos. Please give it a "LIKE" and mention you stopped by and I will visit your page as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Pugwinkle View Post
              That is really interesting about the water dishes. I had no idea that the geckos would enjoy having a very shallow pool in the enclosure and as you mentioned it would also help with the humidity. Thanks or this info as well as all the info on how you went about attaching your vines, etc.
              Your so welcome Pugwinkle! Anything to help another out
              I have had some great mentors to learn from and then take it from there.
              One thing I have learned is to look at things differently. Use your imagination and explore the possibilities.
              Just because it doesn't have a picture of a gecko on it doesn't mean you can't use it for them.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

Comment

Working...
              X