Wow, that looks awesome!!

Leave a comment:

• Big Uli
    replied
    looking really nice

Leave a comment:

• savannah blue
    replied
    Yep, it is! I still have to add the cork rounds and other favourites but its basically done, lest I have a gigantic die back in the next couple of weeks. Luckily, spring seems to be creeping around the corner so I'll be able to put some of my perennials in the enclosure should I loose a few plants.

Leave a comment:

• Pugwinkle
    replied
    Is this the 24Lx18Wx24H? It's lovely! I definitely won't be able to wait that long before putting my girls into their new vivarium once I have it finished.

Leave a comment:

• savannah blue
    started a topic Newest Vivarium Build (lots of pics)

Newest Vivarium Build (lots of pics)

Hello,
    Just wanted to share my newest vivarium. Its my biggest yet. Not quite done as I'll have to add the favourite pieces from the old enclosure when this vivarium is established but here are the bones of it. I kept the F. Benjamina in its pot to restrict growth and ease removal should I have die back. After adding my coarse substrate I put in the plants and then used another layer of finer substrate to cover roots and create a bit of elevation by the tree. Processed dried oak leaves top the substrate. It will cycle for about 3 weeks prior to introduction of springtails and then another 3-4 after that to get the plant roots established. Then Marley can move in!
    Attached Files
Working...
X