Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Crestie's Kritter Keeper

Hi guys,

I was wondering how you guys keep the humidity up during the day if you use Kritter Keepers for your baby Cresties?
    My baby Crestie is living in a KK right now and it's like I have to mist her enclosure like 5 times a day to keep the humidity up. At night I just mist it once as soon as it's dark out and the humidity stays up all night.

Sooo, tips please!

1.1.0 Leopard Gecko- Gaia and Atia, 1.1.0 African Fat-tailed Geckos- Bubblegum and Draco, 1.1.1 Crested Geckos- Enya, Dimitri, and Ice, 0.0.1 Bearded Dragon- Bracken

Do you use paper towels as substrate? I find they help with humidity in the KKs. You could try putting some clingwrap over half of the lid of the KK, I have to do that sometimes when the house gets really dry.
    1.0.0 Crested Geckos - Riot
    1.1.0 Gargoyle Geckos - Shaymus & Zombie
    0.1.0 Cats - Smudge
    R.I.P Havoc

Comment

Yeah, I'm using paper towels, but only one layer... maybe I should add more so that it soaks up the moisture a bit more? I bet that would work.

1.1.0 Leopard Gecko- Gaia and Atia, 1.1.0 African Fat-tailed Geckos- Bubblegum and Draco, 1.1.1 Crested Geckos- Enya, Dimitri, and Ice, 0.0.1 Bearded Dragon- Bracken

Comment

I use two layers so that might help, I've never had too much problem with KKs, usually they're more humid than my exos. So that might help you out, try and see.
        1.0.0 Crested Geckos - Riot
        1.1.0 Gargoyle Geckos - Shaymus & Zombie
        0.1.0 Cats - Smudge
        R.I.P Havoc

Comment

Alrighty, will do!

Comment

I had a bandanna over a good 2/3 of the top of Pnachi's KK (for a different problem) But i found that kept humidity in really well without totally cutting off airflow. Plus it looked cute LOL
            2.2.4.4 Crested Gecko ( Panchi, Cobar, Jodhaa, Mocha, Poe, Durc, Tivonan, & Stelona.)
            0.1 Leopard Gecko ( Mehndi )
            1.0 Tokay Gecko ( Ralphie )
            2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )
            0.4 Cats ( Koyo, Lupin, Hope, Flop-Tail )

Comment

Plastic wrap over part of the top...works wonders...
              MyRhacdiction

1.1.3 Cresties, 1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Leopard Gecko
              I want a Chewie and a Rubber Boa next)))))))
              Let's just say my house is a zoo)

Comment

or a ziplock bag...I tape one to the side and flip it over the top at night.
                MyRhacdiction

1.1.3 Cresties, 1.1 Gargs, 1.0 Leopard Gecko
                I want a Chewie and a Rubber Boa next)))))))
                Let's just say my house is a zoo)

Comment

Awsome, thanks guys! I have to do this with my BP's tank when he's shedding anyways so makes sense, lol. (Put a damp towel over 3/4s of his tank and mist inside)

Comment

Working...
                  X