This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttruth42@yahoo.com View Post
    how are dracaena-massangeana for my cresteds??
    Should be fine, I think that's called a corn plant.
    Specializing in Crested Geckos
    Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
    Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
    Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

idk thats what is said on the paper
      6M.4F crested geckos
      2M.1F bearded dragon
      1M. dog
      1M. gargoyle
      1M. chahoua
      24gallon nano fish and reef tank

Comment

When buying plants that have fertilizer, it is best to thoroughly rinse off all dirt from roots and in some cases repot for 6 months. The repotting generally is best for animals that have a tendency to munch on the plants.

Comment

ok thanks
          6M.4F crested geckos
          2M.1F bearded dragon
          1M. dog
          1M. gargoyle
          1M. chahoua
          24gallon nano fish and reef tank

Comment

This plant: Aralia (Polyscias balfouriana) is an exoticangles plant. The description on their webpage says it is from New Caldonia. I assume this would be safe for crested geckos??? I couldn't find it in this thread.

Here's the page on exotic angels. http://exoticangel.com/Varieties/Sho...px?productid=3
            Last edited by megaggie2002; 02-05-2011, 05:13 PM.
            2.4.0 Crested geckos, 0.2.0 Gargoyle geckos, 0.1.0 Okeetee cornsnake - Correen,
            0.1.0 Amel cornsnake - Fiona, 1.0.0 Snow cornsnake - Kai, 1.1.0 Kenyan sand boa, 1.0.1 Leopard gecko,
            0.3.0 Guinea pig (Cavy) 5.1.0 Mutts, 0.2.0 Cats,
            0.0.2 White-lipped (cheeked) mud turtles, 3.10.0 Bettas, 0.0.1 Rio grande gold tarantula
            ~Megan

Comment

Bumping cause I don't want this to get buried. This is a plant not in the good or bad list and it probably needs to be.

I also found general information on another website. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55551/

It says handling may cause allergic reaction or irritation. I have not experienced any irritation or reaction to it.
              0.1.0 Amel cornsnake - Fiona, 1.0.0 Snow cornsnake - Kai, 1.1.0 Kenyan sand boa, 1.0.1 Leopard gecko,
              0.0.2 White-lipped (cheeked) mud turtles, 3.10.0 Bettas, 0.0.1 Rio grande gold tarantula
              ~Megan

Comment

What about Fittonia? http://www.gflora.com/index.php?cmd=...ody&genus_id=5

Comment

Originally posted by megaggie2002 View Post
                  Bumping cause I don't want this to get buried. This is a plant not in the good or bad list and it probably needs to be.

I also found general information on another website. http://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/55551/

It says handling may cause allergic reaction or irritation. I have not experienced any irritation or reaction to it.
                  you do realize that gets to like 6 feet tall, right? it would be quite the terrarium Décor. i actually like it alot!
                  0.1.0 R. Ciliatus Aussie 12X18X20
                  0.0.1 R. Auriculatus 12X12X18
                  1.0.0 Blue Tonge Skink Lennie the Lounge Lizard
                  0.0.2 Dwarf Puffer
                  1.0.0 Cats
                  1.0 Black Lab/Springer mix Jack
                  0.1 Labro-doodle Molly
                  If you have a question and you dont know what the answer is, Search before you post!

Comment

Just have to keep it clipped back. Most house plants that can be used in a terrarium need to be groomed.
                    ~Megan

Comment

Add elfin thyme and all ajuga valfredda to the toxic list!
                      0.1.0 R. Ciliatus Aussie 12X18X20
                      0.0.1 R. Auriculatus 12X12X18
                      1.0.0 Blue Tonge Skink Lennie the Lounge Lizard
                      0.0.2 Dwarf Puffer
                      1.0.0 Cats
                      1.0 Black Lab/Springer mix Jack
                      0.1 Labro-doodle Molly
                      If you have a question and you dont know what the answer is, Search before you post!

Comment

Can phalaenopsis orchids be used as a terrarium plant with crested geckos if it is rinsed and repotted? Has anyone tried this?

Comment

sorry to say but the cresteds would pummel almost any orchids I can think of. Only viv I can think of that they would be okay in would be some kinds of frogs (darts) or other small sp.
                          Sarah & Jake
                          LunarGecko.net
                          Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
                          You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

Hmm yeah I was thinking that the flowers might be too delicate for them to be placed in their viv, thank you!

Comment

Plant question

Does anyone know whether a Sago palm is toxic?

**Never mind, this plant is extremely toxic to humans and animals. It causes liver damage among other things and should be avoided.**
                              Last edited by gecko_foot; 05-21-2011, 03:37 PM. Reason: Plant is toxic!
                              1.1 Lampropeltis getula (Caldera, Zorro), 1.1 Crested gecko (Hiyori & Sundae), 0.1 Western hognose snake (Hinamori Momo), 1.0 African house snake (Kensei), 0.0.1 Amazon tree boa (Kon)

Comment

This is a great list, thank you for posting it! I'm thinking of setting a 55 gal natural tank and this is most helpful!
                                2.0.0 Australian Shepherd (Sebastian Anubis Moose and Thor Hammertail Blake)
                                1.0.0 Cream Tabby Cat (Nicholas Ozeranski)
                                1.0.0 Hedgehog (Rumblebelly Stinkie Urchin)
                                0.1.0 Crested Gecko (Mad-Eye Jackie)
                                0.1.0 Child (Gretchen Elizabeth)

Comment

Working...
                                X