Planties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planties

Is a Spikes Dracaena safe for a crested?

Eh i find them kind of useless for cresteds....They get very big, and as they mature the tips of this plant get very sharp which deff. not a good idea to keep with cresteds...Also, the bigger the gecko gets, those leaves arent going to hold a gecko at all....to me its not really a good idea....im not sure if their toxic or not, maybe someone else can help with that...
    3:5:3 Cresteds
    1:1 RED Hypo Nephrurus Levis Levis
    1:1 Striped Patternless Fattails

Comment

From what I've researched and learned....dracaena is safe for cresteds as far as their sap and such go. I agree with Garrett, though. They're okay for ground cover, but mine like to spend time right at the heart of the plant rather than hanging out on the leaves, since the leaves are so much weaker than say...a Bromeliad. They do well in the environment, but again...I'd say for ground cover, they're good...for a hangout...eh.
      .megs.
      Proud slave to...
      //R.ciliatus.auriculatus.leachianus//P.regius//E.guttata//T.carolina.triunguis//F.catus//
      I'll meet my match when I'm dead. - Steve Irwin

Comment

You said ground cover but the spikes dracaena I have is a tree? It's a bonsai-type tree with very strong leaves, not pointy at all.

Might be mis labeled for all I know. But thats what they were calling it.

I was just curious if it got too much for the office if they could use it.

Otherwise I am using dried bamboo sticks flower pots and logs for them to hide in, plus vines.

Comment

I've about...3 different types of dracaena...one of them is similar to what you mentioned. Kind of bonsai-esque....it's got a knot in the center...and the juvies I have housed with it seem to love it. I'm not sure how they cultivate it in that manner, but it's a wonderful addition to a planted viv. Good call on that.
          .megs.
          Proud slave to...
          //R.ciliatus.auriculatus.leachianus//P.regius//E.guttata//T.carolina.triunguis//F.catus//
          I'll meet my match when I'm dead. - Steve Irwin

Comment

Yep it has a knot then it branches out (=

Comment

Working...
            X