Cage revamp with live plants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cage revamp with live plants

I revamped one of the Exo Terras with live plants, I will be revamping the 2nd Exo Terra in the next day or two as I already picked up the live plants for that one as well. Everyone is getting live plants in their setups instead of artificial to increase moisture and keep the moisture in longer. I think I am also going to start using the long strand sphagnum moss in the bottom of the tanks as well. Anyone else use this? I used it in the top of the pot that I planted the plants in. I use it allot with my Redfoot tortoises to increase humidity so I figured it would be good for the Cresties as well.

Before

After
    Anja Buffalo

Here is the 2nd cage. I will be cutting some branches and baking them to add more climbing areas to the cages as well.

Here is the 1st one after I added the sphagnum as substrate and a few more pieces of plants.

Anja Buffalo

Comment

Very nice! You will notice that the humidity dues much better with the live plants and it should also stay a bit cooler during the summer with them as well.
      =)
      Sarah
      Sarah & Jake
      LunarGecko.net
      Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
      You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

Looks great!
        Madeline
        moonrisegeckos@gmail.com
        Like me on Facebook!
        http://https://www.facebook.com/moonrise.geckos

Comment

I hate loose moss. Just my opinion. Dislike how it can lodge in a throat.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian View Post
            I hate loose moss. Just my opinion. Dislike how it can lodge in a throat.

Thanks, a few others have pointed out that issue as well. Ive started feeding the roaches off of tweezers (my Lobsters are climbers and I dont want them finding a way out of the tanks!) anyways so maybe it wont be an issue here. I will definitely keep an eye on it though.
            Anja Buffalo

Comment

Working...
            X