No announcement yet.

10 gallon tank - big enough?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the advice. I'll be going with a 20g tall.

Comment

Here is an idea for you, I had these made for 50$ each from a local tank manufacturer in my area. If you can find a place like that near you that could work out well. He is also now making me a 18x18x32 tall tank with the same set up for 85$. If you can find people who make them for a living and have the supplies you can get tanks made for fairly cheap and made the way YOU want them.

These ones in the picture are the same foot print as a standard 20g tall but made to be on there sides for more height. There is a sliding screen top and the screen door. The rest is 1/4inc glass. the bottom is water tight so I can plant it in the future.
      Sarah & Jake
      LunarGecko.net
      Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
      You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

*pulls photo onto desktop for future reference* THANKS, Sarah!
        5.7.15.4 crested geckos
        2 corn snakes
        2 labs

Comment

LOL.. how many of my pictures do you now have on your puter Marigold? Your welcome to any you like. Glad I could be of some help!
          Sarah & Jake
          LunarGecko.net

Comment

Those are some nice looking tanks.

Until Ragdoll mentioned it, I never thought to look at Craig's list. One search turned up a perfect 20G tall tank with a split screen top for sale for $30 not to far from me. Turns up the guy selling it used to breed geckos but has moved on to bull dogs. He was a great guy to talk to and hooked me up with a good deal.

We visited Michael's after I bought the tank and spent all the money we saved on bamboo and plants and vines. The tank came out great and Sly seems quite happy wandering and climbing around his new home.

Comment

Great! I have gotten a few good tanks from crags list in the past. Mostly when I need large tanks since I never seem to find 29 or smaller locally. My boss is always like, "why don't you get you tanks here?" (I work at a pet store) and I have to expain that even with my discount they are very expensive that it works out getting them used or custom for much cheaper.

Good luck with your new set up. And see if you can get some pictures up of it. I would love to see.
              TTFN
              Sarah & Jake
              LunarGecko.net

Comment

Another thought is to post a wanted ad on craigslist, you never know.

Also you can call local thrift stores and goodwills etc.

It's awesome you were able to get a bigger tank for such a good price! I have 3 tanks just sitting in the garage that I got such awesome deals on. It is a great resource (craigslist).
                Bridget

1.2.2.2 Crested Geckos
                0.0.2 Red-eyed tree frogs
                0.2.0 Cats
                0.1.0 English Mastiff

Comment

I've gotten some awesome deals on Craigslist tanks.

I got the other day 3 5g tanks 3 10g's and 2 20t' tanks for 40 bucks.

found a few odd sizes on thier also.
                  Becky
                  Crested Gecko 8.6.14
                  Gargoyle Gecko 1.1.0
                  Chahoua gecko 0.0.1
                  Bearded dragons 1.2.0
                  Hybrid 0.0.1
                  Leos 0.1.4
                  Dogs 1.1
                  Cats 1.4

Comment

I have a aquarium store, the tank size are starting 5 gallon-120 gallon. It is not difficult to set up a 10 gallon tank. Personally I have a 10 gallon tank at my house, which I bought from amazon before checking the article https://fishboxpro.com/best-fish-tank/10-gallon-fish-tank. There are an aquarium air pump, led lighting, 1 angelfish, 2 mollies. I am going to add a new heater.

Comment

Working...
                    X