Opinions on Crestie set-up?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions on Crestie set-up?

Hi guys! This is my first time posting on this forum! I am getting an adult crested gecko soon (first gecko but not my first reptile) and I decided to build my own tank. It is 18x18x24 wooden and screen enclosure (hopefully I added the photos correctly...). I am eventually going to put a pothos in the top plant pot which is currently empty - just waiting for it to root. Right now I have a mix of fake and real plants. I also have a ceramic heat emitter/thermostat on the way.

Any constructive criticism or suggestions would be much appreciated! I want to make sure my crestie gets the best care possible.

Thanks!

If anyone's curious, the little white guys I painted on the back wall are forest spirits from the movie Princess Mononoke

I'm not sure how well the humidity levels will hold being a screened enclosure? I know they don't neccesarily need the highest humidity (compared to other reptiles) ..I just think being screen, it might be hard for levels to stay consistent.
    Super excited for you though, they are really neat reptiles and you'll love it!

Btw, the enclosure looks awesome!

Comment

Thank you for your response! I'll definitely be sure to mist often and keep an eye on the hygrometer.

Comment

Looks great for a juvenile! I would consider getting a bigger size cage/tank when he gets bigger! Good luck

Comment

If anyone's curious, the little white guys I painted my ip birthday wishes tneb on the back wall are forest spirits from the movie Princess Mononoke
          Last edited by PILIYA; 01-01-2020, 05:00 PM.

Comment

Your tank looks great! And that size is fine for a single adult. As stated before, I would worry a little about the humidity, but if you can keep it where it needs to be, then I think your gecko will be very happy in this tank!
            Eileen
            TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
            Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Working...
            X