No announcement yet.

Flooring.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the reason i do not prefer dry papertowels in a hatchling cage is b/c it sucks up the humidity. in a hatchling cage, i place a folded WET papertowel on one end, and nothing on the floor of the rest of the cage, except a fake plant and a rough BOILED rock. a water dish and at night a food dish.
    ANYTHING SAID HERE BY ME IS JUST MY OPINION, PLEASE DON'T TAKE IT PERSONALLY.

2.3.0 crested gex
    1.0.0 appaloosa horse
    1.1.0 jack Russells
    1. husband

Comment

Ok, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by CrestedLover View Post
        Thanks a lot.
        It was shipped FedEx overnight. It was probably about mid 70's. He won't ship if it's too hot in either cities, &we live in the same state so it probably wasn't much of a difference in the temps. I don't know what you mean by hot or cold packs, but he looked fine when it first arrived but then it started acting funny a few hours later.
        I'm taking him to up to the breeders house on Thursday to get a new one.
        I was just wondering if there was a cool pack or not since I know in my area at least we've been experiencing a heatwave as of late. Usually if the temps are too hot during shipping there should be a cool pack to keep the temperature in the insulated box from getting too high and stressing the animal. I've received all kinds of herps during extreme weather in the past. As long as they were packaged correctly, I've never experienced any problems. I was just trying to rule out a few theories to the gecko's passing, I was wondering if shipping may have caused the animal to stress.

I'd just worry about an outwardly healthy animal that just drops dead that quickly without knowing the cause. I'm deeply sorry for the loss of your crested.
        Last edited by CrestedLove27; 06-25-2007, 06:54 PM. Reason: uneeded information
        ~*~*Mandy*~*~

Comment

Thank you, I wish I knew why it died too.
          We both live in Maine so the temperatures usually don't get really high.

Comment

but no there wasnt a cool pack.

Comment

Apart from this just want to share about bamboo flooring which is the best modern installed flooring, you can check it below for further all about that.

Bamboo Flooring Guide

Comment

It sounds like the shipping would have been fine in those temps, and would not have needed a cold or heat pack. Taking it back to the breeder is probably the best idea; they can decide if they want a necropsy done, but the gecko should be kept cold, if that's the case.
                Eileen
                TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
                Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

This is very useful information, thank you for your work! If I ever encounter this problem, I'll already know what to do. Although, of course, I actually prefer to delegate this kind of work to specialized professionals. I have also done the same renovation contractor. I've heard about Captain Handy for a long time, and when the moment came and we worked with them, I was very happy. Everything is done on time, they have well-coordinated and teamwork, which in the end has a positive impact on the final result.

Comment

Working...
                  X