Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello! Happy to be here!

Hi everyone! I’m a long time member but a brand new poster

I’m Em and I have quite a few pets. [if you just want to hear about my gecko skip this paragraph]. I have two dogs, but they aren’t completely mine. I have a Syrian hamster (hamster lovers, don’t worry, she has an IKEA Detolf and a big enough wheel ) named Macaroni, and three betta fish, Sugar, Julia, and Odin (they also have 5 and 10 gallon cycled tanks). I’m a member of other fish and hamster forums too, but I haven’t gone on Pangea yet.

Ok, now I’ll blab about my gecko. I have a 6-7 month old crested gecko. I don’t know the gender yet (obviously!). He/she’s a pinstripe, sort of a spotted as well. I got them from Joshs Frogs, and my geckos name is Salem, like witches and stuff, haha. I have Salem in a large Kritter Keeper for now as well as a 20 long when Salem gets big enough. I feed different flavors of Pangea, no crickets yet though, as I still live with my parents and they hate bugs

I’m a complete beginner, as Salem is my first reptile. I really look forward to meeting all of you, and I will value your info and answers to the many questions I have. Thanks for listening to me talk, so happy to be here!

Welcome, and glad you are here! Ask away.

Cresties are arboreal, and like height better than length. Can you turn your 20 long upright when the time comes?

You don't have to feed crickets. The Pangea is a complete diet. The bugs are more for enrichment; I was going to say you could feed roaches, which are much easier to keep, but your parents probably wouldn't care to have them either. The Pangea by itself will be fine.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Don’t worry, it’s upright already!

Comment

If your gecko is housed near your fish, it will enjoy watching them. . .
        3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

He's moving to a tank right next to my female betta

Comment

Hello everyone. Newbie here. I can't see any introduction thread, so I guess I just posted here to say hi. Newbie question what kind of gecko is active during the day but not the night?

Comment

Day geckos are active during the day, but they're very skittish and don't take well to handling.
              3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

I have a Cuban false chameleon - which is actually not a gecko nor a chameleon, but an anole. But he is AWESOME. I have to say, I LOVE this little guy! Active during the day, sleeps at night, docile, doesn't mind being handled, full of personality...only drawback is he eats roaches and mealworms rather than CGD, but that's not a problem for me, as I feed my other geckos roaches in addition to their CGD. I hear that the CFC's become less active as they get older, but at least they are awake during the day, whereas all of my other geckos (crestie, gargoyle, Bauer's) pretty much sleep most of the day. My guy is about 8 months old. He will get to be about 12" snout to vent. He is in an 18x18x24 Exo Terra.

Click image for larger version

Name:	18_10-28TBD4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	1071352

Click image for larger version

Name:	18_10-14TBD4.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	1071354
                Attached Files
                Last edited by TAD; 11-18-2018, 11:16 AM.
                Eileen
                TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
                Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Hello!!
                  Everyone!

Comment

Working...
                  X