• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crested gecko friendly insects.

what are the insects cresteds can eat?
    what I know is;
    1. Crickets.
    2. Dubia Raches.

what are some others? especially ones that will fatten up my boy? I heard super worms are goo for that.? he lost some weight this breeding season and want to get him back up quick. But he wont eat crickets...
    .1.DOG Jiggles
    1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
    .1.YBST Cloveth
    .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
    1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Superworms, like mealworms, are very chitin-heavy and can chew cresties so not recommended. Waxworms are fatty and can be use *sparingly* to add weight. Black soldier fly larvae (also called Calci Worms, Phoenix Worms or other "brand names") are awesome if your crestie will take them.

Those are probably the more common feeders you can that would be appropriate for cresties. But keep in mind that some don't have a great feeding response with the movement of worms as with crickets.
    Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
    DoubleHelixGeckos.com
    Facebook Page
    iHerp Page

Comment

Hen, okay thanks. Yeah, that was what I was worried about, he doesn't even look at crickets. But, he. Migh eat the worms. He was fed meals his whole life and about a month after I got him (until I found out they were bad for them), he devoured Them. Never got tired of them. I will definitely cross supers of my list and add wax and Phoenix. He was at 36g, but after being with her, he went to 33g. Thanks, Sasha. I knew I could count on you ����.
      .1.DOG Jiggles
      .1.YBST Cloveth
      1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

It's normal for them to grow put of eating bugs, half my babies and all my adults refuse bugs if offered, you can try the repay grubs'n'fruit, always works to get some weight on my geckos
        Sam
        C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
        Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
        Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

I know they our grow bugs.. What about the Pangea with insects?
          .1.DOG Jiggles
          .1.YBST Cloveth
          1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Grubs n Fruit has higher protein (24% vs 22% Pangea+Insects) and min fat (6% vs 4.2% P+I), so would be more calorically dense and encourage lean mass. However, the % difference is pretty small and whatever is most appealing to him would probably be the best bet.
            Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
            Facebook Page
            iHerp Page

Comment

is Grubs n Fruit a complete diet?
              .1.DOG Jiggles
              .1.YBST Cloveth
              1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
                is Grubs n Fruit a complete diet?
                Yes, it is one of several MRPs (meal replacement powder) by Repashy. The majority of the protein source is black soldier fly larvae.
                DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                Facebook Page
                iHerp Page

Comment

ETA: sorry, somehow a double post happened!
                  DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                  Facebook Page
                  iHerp Page

Comment

My, I've been told that gnf (grubs n fruit ) is not complete. I'm probably just try out the worms first. And if he don't eat them, I'll give them to my other boy. How well is gnf liked? And how well are usuall transfers from Pangea to gnf? I am afraid he won't eat the gnf.
                    .1.DOG Jiggles
                    .1.YBST Cloveth
                    1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Hornworms are turning into one of the top feeders like dubias too. You can get small ones that are perfectly sized for geckos haha, but they get HUGE so if you get them small, make sure you dont order too much. from what I've read unless you keep them at specific temps, they grow quite fast.
                      Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
                      Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
                      1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Originally posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
                        My, I've been told that gnf (grubs n fruit ) is not complete. I'm probably just try out the worms first. And if he don't eat them, I'll give them to my other boy. How well is gnf liked? And how well are usuall transfers from Pangea to gnf? I am afraid he won't eat the gnf.
                        You are right, it is a bit milseading as its the only flavor that doesn't say MRP smack on the front label. However, after some investigation, yes it is formulated to be a complete diet like the other Repashy CGDs. I'm actually a huge fan of mixing different CGDs together (in fact I rarely feed a "pure" flavor), you can add some to his Pangea at first so the change isn't so abrupt if you want to give it a try.
                        DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                        Facebook Page
                        iHerp Page

Comment

Quick question; can they only have Dubia roaches, or other types?
                          .1.DOG Jiggles
                          .1.YBST Cloveth
                          1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

They can have other types of roaches, just that Dubia tend to be the easiest to culture (and less likely to escape and become a pest)
                            DoubleHelixGeckos.com
                            Facebook Page
                            iHerp Page

Comment

Working...
                            X