Orchid Show pictures (DUW)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Orchid Show pictures (DUW)

Not sure if anyone out there loves orchids but if so here are some pictures for you. I went to the Minnesota Winter Carnival Orchid Show today and ended up taking quite a few pictures of all the pretty orchids. Of course I also ended up coming home with five new orchids as well! I might need to expand my orchid area pretty soon if this keeps up. Lots of amazing orchids on display and plenty of people taking pictures with everything from cell phones to huge lenses that seemed almost overkill.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4803.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	32.2 KB
ID:	1083500

Name:	IMG_4809.jpg
Size:	30.7 KB
ID:	1083501

Name:	IMG_4811.jpg
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	1083502

Name:	IMG_4820.jpg
Size:	32.7 KB
ID:	1083503

Name:	IMG_4826.jpg
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	1083504
    ^^This orchid is so huge that they have to move it with a crane. Luckily it lives in the conservatory which is where the orchid show took place.

Name:	IMG_4827.jpg
Size:	40.6 KB
ID:	1083505

Name:	IMG_4828.jpg
Size:	26.2 KB
ID:	1083506

Name:	IMG_4830.jpg
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	1083507

Name:	IMG_4835.jpg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	1083508

Name:	IMG_4856.jpg
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	1083509
    0.2.0 Canines: Remington, Gambit
    0.2.0 Cresties Winchester, Ferdinand

Gorgeous! I love orchids
    Nautilus Reptiles on Facebook - iHerp

Comment

What is the white one called?
      In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/svalnahel?feature=mhee

Comment

oh, an orchid show, my heart be still! Those pictures are golden, beautiful and well done. Amazing how they mimic other flowers too. One looks like a pansy and another like an Iris... Don't know the name of the white one...

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
        1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Your profile avatar makes me giggle, Ziggy jumped onto my face while taking a close-up, that'll teach me, not!

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

One of my favorite things about orchids is their variety. That's so awesome, I'd love to go to an orchid show. Though I know I'll come home with way too many... Oh well! *off to search the net*
            .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Originally posted by JumpinJewels View Post
              Your profile avatar makes me giggle, Ziggy jumped onto my face while taking a close-up, that'll teach me, not!
              Mo'o can't seem to stay away from my face. I'm assuming that it's really warm, maybe? Or my eyelashes look like bugs? Or he's trying to tell me a secret?
              In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
              http://www.youtube.com/user/svalnahel?feature=mhee

Comment

Working...
              X