29 gallon tank possibilities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29 gallon tank possibilities?

So I got a 29 gallon tank just laying around with nothing in it, and would like to put a lizard in it. I don't really like snakes too much so please only suggest lizards. I kinda wanna get a larger lizard, so the largest lizard that can live in this tank for it's entire life. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Do you have a specific type of environment in mind: desert/tropical...?
    1.1.4 Crested Geckos
    0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
    0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Comment

I really like desert. But tropical is fine too.

Comment

If I were to set up a desert terrarium, I would definitely go with Panther (Pictus) geckos. I think they are awesome! Search for them here on Pangea. You could do Leopard geckos or Fat tail geckos in a desert type terrarium as well.

My dream tropical species is some type of Uroplatus. Check those guys out.
        1.1.4 Crested Geckos
        0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
        0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Comment

I would go with a Leo.
          They have fairly easy care and are reasonably priced.
          2.2.4.4 Crested Gecko ( Panchi, Cobar, Jodhaa, Mocha, Poe, Durc, Tivonan, & Stelona.)
          0.1 Leopard Gecko ( Mehndi )
          1.0 Tokay Gecko ( Ralphie )
          2.0 Dogs ( Mel, Buck )
          0.4 Cats ( Koyo, Lupin, Hope, Flop-Tail )

Comment

I already have two Leos but thanks anyways! And ill be checking out those panther geckos!

Comment

I kinda like the panther gecko but their a little small for my liking. I want something a little bigger since all my reptiles are small.

Comment

Fire skinks, Gargoyle geckos, African Fat-Tailed geckos, and Giant Leopard gecko are some that came to mind for a tank of that size.

Anything that's much bigger will eventually require a tank that's larger than that as well.

What I would suggest if you're interested in a larger lizard that requires a bit more space (bearded dragon, blue tongue skink, etc.) is to sell your tank on Craigslist or elsewhere, then use the funds to purchase a larger enclosure.
                ~Cassi

www.facebook.com/NaturesAuraPhotography

Comment

I've been thinking about a Leopard Lizard. They seem pretty cool. But their not so popular so theirs not a lot of information about them. If anyone on here knows anything about them please tell me!

Comment

Or maybe a Steppe Runner?

Comment

I was going to recommend a Steppe Runner. I saw them at an expo and now I really want one. Maybe look into uromastyx.
                      Working with Cresties and Eurydactylodes Agricolae.

Comment

Yeah I also saw some at an expo but I didn't really pay much attention to them. Now I've started researching on them and they seem really cool. I think I'm gonna go with them. And as for the Uromastyx I'm pretty sure most of them grow too large for this tank. But thanks to everyone for the great feedback!

Comment

Working...
                        X