No announcement yet.

Doctor Who Fans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Eccleston when I was watching, because that's where I started. He was my first Doctor, so he'll always have a special place. I do much prefer both David Tennant's and Matt Smith's over his in general.

If you're interested in classics at all, I just found these abridged versions of about half the first Doctor's stories. I've seen abotu half of the ones here, but I'm watching them all again while I wait for my next 4th Doctor story from Netflix

http://www.reddit.com/r/doctorwho/co...waited_update/

I'm thinking Aggedor might be a fun name for future gecko. Not 100% decided yet, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA0wvcF30kY
    1.0.0 Crested Gecko - The Mighty Jagrafess of the Holy Hadrojassic Maxarodenfoe
    0.1.0 Mouse - Gwyneth
    1.0.0 Smooth Collie - UCh URO1 Moxie's Adamantium Man BN RA CA HIC CGC TT, SD
    1.0.0 Boxer - URO1 Gavroche de la Rue RA CA CGC

The Eclectic Collie

Comment

I've been watching some scenes of Classic Who on Youtube. I just can't get into the them. At 22, I'm probably just too young to be able to get into scifi tv shows from that era. Although I still find the Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy hilarious. The quality/style of acting, visual effects, timing, content, and delivery just don't appeal to me. Maybe I'll try and find some of the 8th doctor.

Anyway, I'm currently about halfway through season 2 of Torchwood. It's awesome to see what Captain Jack actually does. I'm baffled as to why they chose the actress who plays Gwen. Horrid acting on her part. Other than her, I love the show.
      1.1.4 Crested Geckos
      0.1.0 Boxador (1/2 Boxer-1/2 Black Lab)
      0.1.0 Girlfriend who likes my geckos but doesn't understand the obsession.

Comment

I love Doctor Who! River is my favorite character by far. She is amazing.
        ~Amber~
        "Saving the life of one animal may not change the world, but the world will surely change for that one animal"
        Anyanka's Geckos
        RIP Willow, Darwin, Tara and Chai. I miss and love you all!

Comment

Originally posted by insaneglitchx View Post
          I've been watching some scenes of Classic Who on Youtube. I just can't get into the them. At 22, I'm probably just too young to be able to get into scifi tv shows from that era. Although I still find the Andy Griffith Show and I Love Lucy hilarious. The quality/style of acting, visual effects, timing, content, and delivery just don't appeal to me. Maybe I'll try and find some of the 8th doctor.

Anyway, I'm currently about halfway through season 2 of Torchwood. It's awesome to see what Captain Jack actually does. I'm baffled as to why they chose the actress who plays Gwen. Horrid acting on her part. Other than her, I love the show.
          1. This is where it gets REALLY GOOD in Torchwood. The second half of season 2 and all of season 3 are absolutely brilliant. Be prepared for ALL THE FEELS.

2. Where did you start with the classics? I tried starting at the beginning, and it just wasn't appealing. So then I skipped around a bit, settled on Pertwee, and have been watching in order. I have 3 1/2 stories left of Tom Baker. So not happy to be finished with him You might try starting with some of the later Doctors. 8 only has the movie as far as TV goes (apparently there are some brilliant Big Finish audios, but I haven't listened to them yet), and the movie was...pretty terrible. McGann was brilliant in it, but you can only do so much when the story is crap. 4, 5, 6 and 7 are more popular Doctors with more modern stories.
          0.1.0 Mouse - Gwyneth

The Eclectic Collie

Comment

What did you guys think of the new episode? I loved the anti-grav motorcycle. Very clever trick by the Doctor to remotely control the robot thing. I'm so curious to figure out what explains the new companion. I saw an interesting theory involving the age she has crossed off in her book. It skips from 15 to 17 and from like 22 to 24. Maybe she gets zapped around when she 'dies' to a different 'life' in a different time? I assume each period would last for about a year. Each time we've seen her she says she's been there for a year (stuck in the 'ship', posing as a Governess, and working as a nanny).
            1.1.4 Crested Geckos

Comment

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that they brought back the Great Intelligence, and not just for one episode!

I've heard soooo many Clara theories. At this point I sort of give up and will just wait and see lol.
              0.1.0 Mouse - Gwyneth

The Eclectic Collie

Comment

So, what did you guys think of the 50th Anniversary special and the Christmas episode?
                1.1.4 Crested Geckos

Comment

I haven't seen the 11th doctor yet; I'm a bit behind in the series. I would like to say this, though: I liked it before it was cool. It's been something I go to for comfort after a bad day for over 30 years. The Doctor and a mug of hot chocolate makes everything better. I cut my teeth on the Doctor (literally: I chewed a Sylvester McCoy VHS to death). My not-so-secret shame is being a Whovian in a family of Trekkies. And Tom Baker is still my favorite. He's probably the weirdest, sweetest, goofiest thing to ever grace God's green earth, and I still think he's the perfect Doctor.

EDIT: Wow. I waxed eloquent. That never happens...
                  Last edited by George?; 01-10-2014, 01:01 PM.
                  Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

3.3 crested geckos: Turkish, Sollux, Pyx, Buttercup, Dandelion, and Jem.

Comment

I'm looking forward to seeing what Peter Capaldi will bring as the new Doctor. He's already played two characters in the Dr. Who universe, a citizen of Pompeii and a government employee in the Torchwood series. Moffat has already said that he has something up his sleeve to explain this.
                    1.1.4 Crested Geckos

Comment

I am also a huge fan.

Comment

Working...
                      X