Jurassic Park III and Gargs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jurassic Park III and Gargs

Just got the Jurassic Park trilogy blurays for Christmas . . . the third is better than I remembered.

Anyone notice that the patterns on the velociraptors in this movie look a lot like gargoyle geckos?

Images belong to their respective owners, of course.

If you haven't seen it, it's at least worth a watch. MUCH better than the second one.
    3.4.5 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Nuu Ana Leachie, 3.5.1 Cats, 1.3 Dogs, 2.0 Rats, 0.1 Mildly Tolerant Partner

The third Jurassic Park is usually rated quite low on movie sites, but I loved it purely because of that giant-assed Spinosaurus. Easily the best dinosaur ever

The colouration does look similar, but I wouldn't count on them being an inspiration for velociraptor colouration. I've seen the tiger stripes on a billion CGI raptors - it's a pretty logical colour scheme for a predator.
    0.1.0 C. ciliatus (Hari)
    1.0.0 E. macularius (Sol)
    0.1.0 M. chahoua (Kodama)

Comment

i love all 3 of the jurassic park films, trilogy + beers sounds like a sweet night in lol
      2 crested geckos
      1 royal/ball python
      1 english bull terrier
      1 160l fish tank (lake malawi cichlids)

Comment

"Low ratings" on movie sites don't generally mean much to me if the movie is at least enjoyable. I didn't say it was deep or anything, but it's at least a good time. XD

And who knows what the inspiration was. These pictures don't do the similarity justice. I'm not saying they're a basis for SCIENTIFIC velociraptor coloring (they could have been bright purple for all we know), but I wouldn't be surprised if one of the artists who designed the animals for this movie had a couple of gargs or knew someone who did. They're all I could think of when I saw them.
        3.4.5 Crested Geckos, 0.1 Nuu Ana Leachie, 3.5.1 Cats, 1.3 Dogs, 2.0 Rats, 0.1 Mildly Tolerant Partner

Comment

Bright purple dino-turkeys would really be something In all honesty, the blue stripe on the male raptor (?) reminds me of the Tron franchise.

I heard somewhere that a JP4 is being made? Know anything about this?
          0.1.0 C. ciliatus (Hari)

Comment

"At the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con, Spielberg confirmed in front of at least 6,000 spectators that preparations for Jurassic Park 4 were in progress, with a story ready and a script being written. Spielberg said that it would be possibly released 'within the next two or three years',[38][39] with a representative from Universal saying 2013 would be the preferred deadline for completion."

From Wikipedia. Take it for what it's worth. XD

Comment

I used to enjoy the JP series, but I just can't watch it anymore. The chars all annoy me and I want them to get eaten, not survive and get off the island. :P

[ 2.0 Kitteh ][ 1.1 Corn Snake ][ 0.1 Crested Gecko ][ 1.0 Gargoyle Gecko ][ 1.0 Ball Python ][ 1.0 Costa Rican BCI ][ 0.1 Leopard Gecko ][ 0.1 IJ Jag Carpet Python ]

"It'll be a walk in the park... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me." -Lt. Col. Sheppard

Comment

This has got me wanting to watch a JP marathon lol
                Nautilus Reptiles on Facebook - iHerp

Comment

Originally posted by thebluejackal View Post
                  "At the 2011 San Diego Comic-Con, Spielberg confirmed in front of at least 6,000 spectators that preparations for Jurassic Park 4 were in progress, with a story ready and a script being written. Spielberg said that it would be possibly released 'within the next two or three years',[38][39] with a representative from Universal saying 2013 would be the preferred deadline for completion."

I hope it's not awful. I'm thinking sea reptiles, they haven't had any of those in the JP films yet.
                  0.1.0 C. ciliatus (Hari)

Comment

I've seen this sort of stuff on all kinds of sites dating back from right after JP3 was released to recently. Don't hold your breath.

Comment

I'll believe Jurassic Park 4 is coming out once they finally make that Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell movie I keep not hearing about for the past several years.
                      The name Stella fills me with dread.
                      Mondegreen Geckos
                      >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

Eh, who knows. XD Right now I'm just excited about The Hobbit. I never get too excited till I see a trailer.

Comment

Eh, who knows. XD Right now I'm just excited about The Hobbit. I never get too excited till I see a trailer.
                          I get incredibly excited and then incredibly let down since there's another year to wait for that. Just one more year!
                          The name Stella fills me with dread.
                          Mondegreen Geckos
                          >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

Stellar: A WHOLE YEAR.

Comment

All the parts of the Jurrasic Park are watchable as I was watching the movie on the app as the Dinosaurs are the best animals which I like the most and there chase for the human being is just marvellous.

Comment

Working...
                              X