Post your Betta Fish!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post your Betta Fish!!

This is the animal that started my breeding animal obsession. In middle school, I bred veil tailed and wild type bettas in my bedroom and sold the juveniles to my friends. I even had one who lived to be 7 My dream when I was 14 was to own a red halfmoon betta. Back then, I just wished I could ship one from Thailand.

My female betta, Sparky, died a month ago. She was 3 years old I was going to pickup a combtail red from the local Pet Shop, but imagine how big my eyes got when I saw my "dream fish"! A steal at $14.

Here is "Denali"

www.emilymaple.com

awe i need to post pictures of P.W., my betta
    0.2.1 Rhacodactylus ciliatus Pebbles & Radar
    0.0.1 T roborowskii
    0.3 Lepidodactylus lugubris lucy, lucy, lucy
    0.1 weiner dog(Phoebe)sigpic

Comment

Not got any pics left of ours we had over 600 at one point ... nicest we had was 2 pairs of copper crowntails and a pair of copper mustard gas plakats from Nicebettas in Thailand
      Gargoyle Gecko 3.1.2, Pygmy Mice (lots)
      Darren http://www.iherp.com/pennhillszoo

Comment

I'm down to only one right now, but at one point I had 13 or so. I've got to get pictures of little Sushi...
        A.K.A. Luarazzi

2.2.1 Crested Geckos

Comment

Beautiful red boy.
          I bred bettas in middle school too

I had actually wanted to pick up a pair in the fall of those pure white and black half moons

http://bettafishstore.com/vmchk/Half...ypage.tpl.html
          Cloud9reptiles.com
          Facebook

Comment

I had a solid red male, I believe he was probably a half moon. Absolutely loved him, I named him Captain Hook. I had him, I think.. 3.5-4 years? I didn't know a lot about properly keeping them then, and I hate that some how I probably killed him.

I'd love to get another one some day- Jeff and I were talking about it a few months ago- we looked at the same site that Ento890 posted.
            The name Stella fills me with dread.
            Mondegreen Geckos
            >iHerp >Facebook

Comment

Wow

Those are insane. I hope I don't get re-addicted, lol. Much more affordable than the current obsession
              www.emilymaple.com

Comment

Originally posted by Luarazzi View Post
                I'm down to only one right now, but at one point I had 13 or so. I've got to get pictures of little Sushi...
                ^ My story exactly, ahaha.

Current betta, Vanyel:

My second betta ever, Shoshein, and the one who lived to be 8 years old:

Soubi, my most beloved other than Shoshein:

Tokio:

Talas:

Shokara(don't mind the jar, it was cleaning day):

Any others, I don't have access to their pics anymore/at the moment with my busted laptop. =\ I've really only kept veil tails, but I've had two crowntails(and would love plakats or halfmoons someday).
                ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
                7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

I've had bettas since I was little, and bred and sold show-quality fish for a lot of years. It's a lot of work but I really enjoyed it. My heart truly lies with wild species, but fish have gone on the backburner now that I'm breeding geckos (though I still have 3 big tanks, 7 splendens, and 1 wild... lol). I don't think I have any photos of my current bettas on this computer, so I'll just post some of my all time favorite breeders who are unfortunately no longer with us:

His girlfriend:

His girlfriend:

And ohemgee it's a baby B. mahachai fry

Ok I lied one more wild, for posterity. Gosh, looking back through my albums is making me want to breed mouthbrooders again. LOVE THEM!
                  .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Here's Feisty. He's been with me about 3 -4 years, and when he first came home, the dog would smush his face against the glass and Feisty would flare at him. They don't do that any more.
                    Boston Terrier 1.0, Stetson R.I.P. 8/15/2015.
                    Rough Collie (rescued) 1.0, Teddy
                    Crested Geckos 9.11.12
                    Pine Isle Chahoua 1.0.1 Hunter, Cami
                    Leopard Geckos 1.2 Confetti, Snowdrop, & Beauty
                    Bearded Dragon 1.0 Jayden

Comment

Here's my two boys, JD and Turk:

"I believe that education is all about being excited about something. Seeing passion and enthusiasm helps push an educational message."-Steve Irwin​

Comment

You asked for it…heres a “few” of mine, past and present.

Sparky was my first and all time favourite. he lived with me for four years before he passted away from old age last July. First pic is his first day home and the rest as a old man

Red veiltail

Halfmoons (some don’t look it at the time but they all turned halfmoon eventually)

First two are same fish. He was a marble

Super Delta

halfmoon plakats

0.1 R. Ciliatus- Sandy
                        1.0 R. Leachianus- Sativa (Nuu Ami)
                        1.0 DLH Cat- Diesel
                        0.1 Nova Scotia Duck Toller (Coming home soon)

Comment

I had fish when I was in high school. Did fine with my goldfish, but I fought tail rot with my beautiful betta. I felt terrible about how it would grow back and then start to rot repeatedly, so after he died, I never got a second one. Embarrassing admitting this... I'm sure someone will tell me about some kind of simple cure. I remember adding salt to the water.
                          Currently working with R. ciliatus

Comment

Originally posted by leaveittoweaver View Post
                            Here's my two boys, JD and Turk:
                            Originally posted by space.kace View Post
                            First two are same fish. He was a marble
                            Ooh, these two set my heart a'flutter!
                            ~Rami | Nova Reptiles | iHerp | Facebook
                            7.17.6.7 Crested geckos, 1.1 mix leachies, 1.1 Halmaheras, 1.1 African Fat Tails, 1.2 Tokays, 1.1 Oedura castelnaui, 2.1 Leopard geckos, 0.1 corn snake, & too many feeder bugs.

Comment

OMG...

I LOVE that one!
                              Sarah & Jake
                              LunarGecko.net
                              Feel free to check out our Fauna reviews or follow us on FaceBook!
                              You can also check out most of our animals on our iherp page.

Comment

Working...
                              X