X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott6446
    replied
    Originally posted by Mechanical8Dragon View Post
    i doubt her issue is finding her food, there's something going on with her, I'd take your garg to a herp vet to get her checked. Sounds kinda like symptoms of parasites. Lack of appetite is usually a dead give away that something is wrong, be it parasites, maybe she's egg-bound...

What's her weight? Have you been monitoring her weight during this? Weight loss is another dead giveaway of an issue, especially parasites.

I'd get her in to get checked out for that or egg-binding.
    Her weight is 79g, but the last weight I have is from some years ago, 75g. Some Pics for reference. Despite being a good weight her spine is REALLY pronounced, which is very atypical of her. Same for the bones around her crown. I successfully fed her monday and tuesday by holding her in my hand and sticking her nose in the food bowl, today she wouldn't eat. Will try again tomorrow. Is there anything else I can do for her at home?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180613_215319.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1071281

Name:	20180613_215343.jpg
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1071282

Name:	20180613_215328.jpg
Size:	85.5 KB
ID:	1071283

Leave a comment:

• Mechanical8Dragon
    replied
    i doubt her issue is finding her food, there's something going on with her, I'd take your garg to a herp vet to get her checked. Sounds kinda like symptoms of parasites. Lack of appetite is usually a dead give away that something is wrong, be it parasites, maybe she's egg-bound...

What's her weight? Have you been monitoring her weight during this? Weight loss is another dead giveaway of an issue, especially parasites.

I'd get her in to get checked out for that or egg-binding.

Leave a comment:

• Scott6446
    started a topic Female Gargoyle won't eat

Female Gargoyle won't eat

Hey folks,

I haven't been on these forums in ages but I wanted to reach out for some help. I've got a 6 yo female gargoyle gecko that hasn't eaten in about 3 weeks (possibly longer), she is chunky, but has darn near all of her bones protruding and feels exceptionally boney. I haven't noticed urine or poop in quite some time. She has been extremely lethargic and has not really left the floor of her cage. I attributed these to a change of season and I believe that she is not doing well at all. My theory is that she needs to lay her darn eggs but won't do it, leading to extreme lethargy, and not eating. She has laid dud eggs in the past, typically on her mushroom ledge, I used to keep a lay box in her cage a long time ago but she stopped using it and I took it out. As of last week she has a thicker cocunut fiber lay box in there right now (not the fine ground, the chunkier one)

She has only ever lived alone on paper towel substrate in a 18x18x24 exo terra. 0 health issues in the past. Temps stay 69-77 on hot days, humidity has been adequate. Only ever eaten pangea crested gecko diet. (The red insect bag, and watermelon)

For the first time today I stuck her nose in the bowl and she darn near at the whole thing in one sitting. In the past her food bowl was in her mushroom ledge and she has not typically had an issue reaching it, there are plenty of cork bark and wood (baked apple branches) to climb on. Even since leaving the bowl on the ground for the past week, she hasn't eaten.

Should I continue to hand feed this lady for ~ a week and see how it goes?

I'm not quite sure what to do.

Thank you in advance,

Scott
Working...
X