i was warned.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i was warned.

Yes, i was warned when i got my first Gargoyle Gecko that they are extremely addictive. I have ordered number 4. Supposed female and she is a bit plain looking, but i think bc of her pattern, or lack of it, she could make some pretty babies with the right male. I moved my current male into the large enclosure in the living room, and the new female will be here, in the computer room with me. My other 3 Geckos are named Jasper, Marble, and Tourmaline. The new one is named Limestone.

interesting! I don't think i've seen a garg so simple looking before o-o
    Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
    Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

yeah she is almost patternless, but i think there is a reticulated base there.

Comment

Congrats! I think she's pretty.

I wish I could get Hygge to come out more. I made his tank look really cool with lots of plants and vines, cork bark and a couple of hides...it's gecko heaven really, BUT - he hides so much that I never see him...except when cleaning his cage, or when I put roaches in his bowl. I know he is active at night, as I see evidence (droppings), but, even with the blue light on about 8:00 in the evening, he doesn't come out until after 10:30, and I'm usually in bed by then.

Don't know how to balance a nice tank with lots of safe-for-him decor, and making it so I can see him now and then!! I'm jealous, you get such nice pictures. Hygge doesn't seem to want to tame down very much, and I don't really want to pester him all the time. He's fine as a display animal, but I would really like to handle him more.

Good luck with your babies - eventually! Limestone is a cool name for this one.
        Eileen
        TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
        Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Congratulations.
          I did warn you about the addiction!!
          One tip is that once your start getting little garglets
          Do not name them, I suggest either a number or a letter.
          Easier to let them go when they need to move on as less attachment issues. She's pretty. I think she may get a little more of the dark reticulation when fired up but I don't think it will be that dramatic colour change. Good luck
          Ace Gargoyles
          Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
          Chahoua. 1.1.0

Comment

Ace- yes you did. And i do know about that. i used to breed crested gex. They were all letters..

Tad, thanks. i didn't take that pic, i don't have her yet. But i hope to get more pics. I hanfdle my geckos every few days. i want them to be used to me. and i look for them every day, so i have an idea where they hide.

Comment

Here she is, fired up. I really think she will be a good addition to my group.

Comment

I REALLY like her fired-up colors! Of course I don't have a lot of experience yet, but I haven't seen many photos of such a light base and striking contrast colors in a retic. Very cool! I know she will be very much loved.
                Eileen
                TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
                Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Thanks. she was eating when i got home from the market ust now. i love that. Now she is resting in a quiet spot.

Comment

Cool I thought she would get darker reticulation when fired and here she is to prove it. Prehistoric looking gargoyle.
                    She's lovely. Congratulations
                    Ace Gargoyles
                    Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
                    Chahoua. 1.1.0

Comment

thank you

Comment

I agree it is addicting! Just got my first garg and I love her so much and want another one too! But this is my first reptile so I’ll have to be patient before getting another

Comment

Working...
                        X