Price of a leachie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Price of a leachie

I have been drawn to the leachies the past few months...someday I would really like to have one. But have been watching the leachie classified Facebook pages and wow, the cost is way out of my reach. I'm 64 (a young 64, though ), so would want an older one, as, God willing, I would like to keep it for its lifetime. But I'll be retiring soon, and I think by the time I'd be able to save enough to buy one, I'll already be in a nursing home, lol!

So what are my chances of finding a deep-discounted, slightly imperfect but still healthy, leachie someday? I don't really care about the lineage, only that it's healthy. Have yet to see one in rescue, but I'll keep watching...
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Go to an expo. Search for a non-locale specific leachie - I've seen them $350 at the lowest.

Comment

I still love the leachies, but decided to go in the other direction, mainly because I occasionally have to leave my reptiles for a few days in the care of my husband and/or co-worker, and even though they probably wouldn't have to handle it, I am a bit leery of cage aggression with a leachie, as neither is particularly reptile-savvy. So, I decided to go smaller instead of bigger, and got an agricolae. I'm pretty well convinced already that that is a better move for me, at least for the foreseeable future.

I will just have to drool over other people's leachies.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

They are generally very skittish and act as more of a "display animal." Good luck, though.

Comment

Working...
        X