Are my Gargoyle Geckos Eyes Normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are my Gargoyle Geckos Eyes Normal?

Hi, I’m a new gargoyle owner I’ve had him for a month now and he’s still small , I will post a video or photo of his eyes, they worry me and i guess I’m not wording it right because I can not find any threads about it. Please let me know ,thank u in advance

Need to see the video or photo. So far there's nothing attached.
    Eileen
    TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
    Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Hi, having trouble uploading so ill send a link and hopefully you should see my gecko and his black line around his eyes .... it looks scary to me and i really hope nothing is wrong with him please let me know what you think and if i should take him to a vet , more info about him looking back at pictures its always been like that but i feel it might have expand more ? Not sure really. His eyes move fine and from what i can tell he can see fine , heres the link
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/104m...ew?usp=sharing
      https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hI...LBiLL2nChllVaQ

Comment

Hoping others will also chime in as I am no expert...but I googled gargoyle eyes, and there were a few there that had what looked to be a similar ring as yours.

It doesn't look to me (from what I can tell by your photos), that is infected or injured or anything like that. Do both eyes look the same? As long as he is not rubbing them or licking them excessively, and is eating well and active, they are probably fine. Most likely, it's just his unique coloring.
        Eileen
        TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
        Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

Hi I don't think you have anything to worry about they do tend to have a black ring around edge of eyes sometimes more visible than at other times. These are photos of some of my gargoyles
          Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130724_201022.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1071219

Name:	IMG_20180111_165837.jpg
Size:	73.1 KB
ID:	1071220

Name:	IMG_20160623_214053.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	59.9 KB
ID:	1071221

Name:	IMG_20160906_220152.jpg
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	1071222
          Last edited by AceGargoyles; 01-11-2018, 06:53 PM.
          Ace Gargoyles
          Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
          Chahoua. 1.1.0

Comment

Yes , both eyes look the same and he really seems fine and eat and is active . Thank you replying Im less worried now , I too also hope I get more feedback.

Comment

Thank you! I’m a less worried now seeing other pictures that relate to mine .

Comment

you're fine I think it's fairly common in gargs, but just in varying degree's of 'dark'. Honeybear has the same thing as well, although it looks like her's is much lighter than Ace's

Check out my website for helpful info about Crested Geckos, Gargoyle Geckos, Abronia Alligator Lizards, and Brazilian Rainbow Boas
                Sovereign Reptiles

0.1.0 Gargoyle Gecko || Honey Bear
                1.1.1 Crested Gecko || Malakai, Snapshot, Tiny

Comment

Working...
                X