No announcement yet.

HELP! Garg- no weight gain in a year!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The one I’m concerned about is a year and a half old, and I usually don’t hand feed but he hasn’t gained any weight in awhile. He didn’t like live feeders last attempt I tried, but last night he ate half a dish of the growth&breeder formula which he had previously stopped eating. I have a vet appointment set up in a couple days just Incase. Only at 14.1 grams last weigh in also.

Comment

It will not hurt to get the vet's input. If you can take in a fresh fecal sample (less than 12 hours old) when you go, that would help. Good that he is eating the breeder's formula. Some of them are just very slow growers, and then suddenly they get a growth spurt. I hope that will be the case with yours.
      Eileen
      TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
      Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

It will be my first time going to a vet with him so somewhat nervous as my state isn’t super big into the exotic reptile trade so I don’t see many vets that care for them. I was super relieved to see that he ate the amount of food he did last night though so fingers crossed he’s just a little prick and wants to make life difficult for me.

Comment

Any vet should be able to tell you whether there are parasites from a fecal sample. If it turns out that there are, and your vet does not know how to treat, you can look up vets on www.arav.org. and perhaps call one for advice.
          Eileen
          TAD "Tiny Ancient Dinosaur" (Crestie), Hidey (Garg), O.G. "Office Gecko" (Bauer's Chameleon gecko), TBD "Tiny Badass Dragon" (Western Bearded Anole), 3.1.0
          Rody Jane (cattledog/stinkwad mix), Dixie Moonpie (rattledog) George P-Dog (lab/Great Pyr) 1.2.0, Ringer (barn cat) 1.0.0

Comment

I’ve heard that it’s possible to still get a fecal sample from the vent of my gecko but not sure how accurate that is.

Comment

If you know what you are doing you could, but personally, I would leave that to a vet.
              Eileen

Comment

I'm worried that this is a train wreck that I've lost control over and there Dafont Showbox Adam4adam isn't anything I can do. I've got her in a 12x12x18 cage, but I've got a smaller one coming in the mail tomorrow in case that helps. I'm a jerk and didn't have any heat on her (my 10 year old Crestie has never needed heat/light, and my cats would've knocked it over and burned my house down 100 times over by now), but I've got heat ready to go when her new cage comes. I only occasionally see poo in her cage. It's blowing my mind, she must be eating something to still be alive after 8 months of "not eating", I just don't understand why she's letting herself waste away like this.

Comment

Did you get to a vet?
                  Eileen

Comment

Working...
                  X