Gargoyle laying eggs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargoyle laying eggs

WHat are the signs of your gargoyle being about to lay eggs?

Mine spend quite a bit of time digging. One of mine laid eggs this morning after spending nearly a week digging. When one starts that behavior, I weigh her and weigh her every day. When she's dropped 5-10 grams I know she's laid and I dig up the enclosure till I find the eggs. This doesn't always work. When I was looking for the eggs of the digging gecko a few days ago, I actually found 4 other eggs (there are 3 females in the enclosure). Two of them had obviously been laid recently and the other 2 were more developed when I candled them.

Aliza

Comment

Hi I can usually see the gargoyles getting fuller in size.
      Mine do tend to dig for at least a week & usually not too keen on eating much a couple of days before they lay but afterwards pig out a little.
      Ace Gargoyles
      Gargoyle geckos. 2.4.0
      Chahoua. 1.1.0

Comment

Most of mine are pretty obvious. First, they start to gain weight/get more 'pear shaped'. Close to laying, they get quite restless and dig a lot. I have the odd one where it's hard to tell, but overall this applies.

Comment

my daughter's gargoyle laid a single egg today. She got her in December and twice before pairing she had laid single non fertile eggs. This is her first egg since pairing here and she laid another single egg. Is it normal to lay a single egg? could she still lay another in the next few days? My daughter said that this egg feels more solid that the other two did. She is just a beginning breeder so we are not really sure if this is normal and are having trouble finding gargoyle info

Comment

Sometimes they lay single eggs (are you sure there isn't another one hidden in the cage?). Sometimes the eggs look great and then after 6 weeks it turns out they're not fertile (it's happened to me a number of times). The most you can do is to incubate any egg until it hatches or stinks and hope for the best.

Aliza

Comment

I have had gargoyle eggs that feel great but nothing hatched. The only thing you can do is find the eggs, incubate them and wait patiently for a result (or not). If you have specific questions, start a new thread to ask them and we'll do our best to respond.

Aliza

Comment

Working...
              X