Gargoyle Observation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargoyle Observation

If you would so kindly answer these questions. I'm observing the correlation between different enclosure set ups x food and how that effects growth, color, and the temperment of gargoyles.
    Question:
    How old is your gargoyle?
    Sex?
    Color?
    Weight?
    Length?
    How often do you feed your gargoyle?
    Enclosure set-up (tank, vavarium/terarium, substrate type)?
    Active/Inactive?
    Does your gargoyle normally hide or out in the open in their enclosure?
    Passive? Aggressive?
    Easily handled? Difficult to handle?
    Any significant observations you've had with your gecko?

I am sending you a PM with my answers.

Aliza

Comment

How old is your gargoyle? 7-8 months
      Sex? F
      Color? Orange stripe
      Weight? 10g (last I weighed) -- slow growth rate
      Length? Not sure
      How often do you feed your gargoyle? Every other day
      Enclosure set-up (tank, vavarium/terarium, substrate type)? Sterile terrarium w/ paper towel.
      Active/Inactive? I find that when I'm in the room, she's very inactive and will stay in the same spot until I leave. She's always been this way. I know she is active though because I will find her all over the tank, sometimes even climbing the screen top.
      Does your gargoyle normally hide or out in the open in their enclosure? Both. I would say she sits out in the open more often than not. She has a cork bark tube but never utilizes it, instead preferring to sit on it or hide on the ground under a fake log.
      Passive? Aggressive? Very passive, more flighty than aggressive.
      Easily handled? Difficult to handle? Relatively easy, a bit squirmy. She likes to jump, strangely. But not from hand to hand like my crested gecko... she jumps directly onto my shirt front and climbs up. She has never bit.
      Any significant observations you've had with your gecko? I find that she prefers everything on the ground. Eating, sleeping, watching her neighbor gecko. She does climb around, but I find her on the ground 80% of the time. She also only recently started taking live feeders, after months of trying. She's been slow to grow, so I hope the increased protein in her diet will help.
      ~My iHerp~

Comment

Working...
      X