Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leachianus first partho X partho hatchling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It seems that we should clarify that these pathogenetic geckos are not hermaphrodites. They don't have both male and female organs. The ones that reproduce by parthenogenesis are, as far as I know, only female and they are essentially cloning themselves. However, in the case of reptiles that are temperature sexed, a female could produce a male "clone" if incubated at the proper temperature.

Aliza

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tom View Post
      Sometimes I get information that I am not at liberty to discuss.
      Now that's intriguing!

Aliza

Comment

Originally posted by acpart View Post
        Now that's intriguing!

Aliza
        I know!
        .1.DOG Jiggles
        1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
        .1.YBST Cloveth
        .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
        1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
        1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

Originally posted by acpart View Post
          It seems that we should clarify that these pathogenetic geckos are not hermaphrodites. They don't have both male and female organs. The ones that reproduce by parthenogenesis are, as far as I know, only female and they are essentially cloning themselves. However, in the case of reptiles that are temperature sexed, a female could produce a male "clone" if incubated at the proper temperature.

Aliza
          You are correct (there are no apparent signs that they are hermaphrodites). We just got a little sideways with the discussion. Thanks for clarifying.

Comment

A little update. This one is doing just fine, but there is a change in coloration. The yellow streak down the back is quite interesting. It may be nothing and fade over time, but it is a bit unusual.

Comment

Working...
            X