Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leachianus first partho X partho hatchling!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leachianus first partho X partho hatchling!

This 4.9g hatchling is the first leachianus produced by breeding Snow to McCoy. Both animals were products of parthenogenesis and were proven viable last season. Snow and McCoy have different mothers and therefore made for a great pairing.

That's awesome! Also that baby is stunning, congrats!
    Sam
    C.Ciliatus 4.1.4.2 E.Macularius 1.2 Lampropeltis getula floridana 0.1 Boa Constrictor Imperator 0.1
    Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Aryas-Exotics-1841922079418266/
    Instagram: @sams_exotics

Comment

That is very cool! However, what I find even more interesting (in regards to the parents) is that a partho egg hatched out as male?
      Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
      DoubleHelixGeckos.com
      Facebook Page
      iHerp Page

Comment

Leachianus are TSD and I incubated right at the tipping point.

Comment

So you incubated both at the threshold (what temp do you consider this is?), or one above for male and one below for female?
          Dedicated to the health, quality, and genetic diversity of Crested Geckos (Correlophus ciliatus)
          DoubleHelixGeckos.com
          Facebook Page
          iHerp Page

Comment

It wasn't widely known at the time that I did it... I didn't know about it myself. I incubated in a Hovabator at approximately 79° with a couple of degrees of fluctuation. Since embryos were so large and seemed to die in the eggs, I went warm to try and get them to hatch out smaller. That was my thought at the time anyways.

Comment

So are Snow and McCoy a bonded pair?
              3.3.0 Correlophus ciliatus (crested geckos)

Comment

Bonded... as in they get along and breed... yes, but not a for life pair. They were both proven out to other normally produced mates last season. I think some of the old pairing ideas are outdated.

Comment

I have always wondered if a partho could breed/lay the same as others.
                  Do you think that this can even though it is out of two parthos?
                  Does it look like the parents?
                  This is very interesting!!
                  I feel that an offspring of two parthos would have male and female organs, therefore would not be able to populate. That is just my thought though.
                  .1.DOG Jiggles
                  1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
                  .1.YBST Cloveth
                  .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
                  1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
                  1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

If it had both male and female organs it could possibly reproduce by faculative parthenogenesis. It has been documented in other species. I believe this one will be able to reproduce. some times partho animals are infertile, but it is not the case with leachianus geckos.

Comment

Please keep in mind that I am giving some simple explanations to allow for easy understanding. There are some more technical aspects to all of this.

Comment

A little off topic, but do you feel that all Rhacs are temperature sexable? (I've been trying to get an article about this for Gecko Time for quite awhile).

Aliza

Comment

Idk, I feel like the male organ could 'mix' with the female organ which would result in reproduction, but at the same time, I feel as if the male organ would prevent the female organ from reproducing... Am I just plain..... Insane, or could this actually be right?
                          .1.DOG Jiggles
                          1.1.CRESTED GECKO Phantom & Lovely
                          .1.YBST Cloveth
                          .1.MINIPIG Judy(food&belly rub is kinda apig deal)
                          1..RAT CoconutRatMinneapolis RIP
                          1.0.2COCKATIELS

Comment

What we once considered rhacs have been reclassified for the most part. As far as the old grouping goes, I can only say that I know they are not all TSD. Sometimes I get information that I am not at liberty to discuss.

Comment

Originally posted by Lovelyanddekstest View Post
                              Idk, I feel like the male organ could 'mix' with the female organ which would result in reproduction, but at the same time, I feel as if the male organ would prevent the female organ from reproducing... Am I just plain..... Insane, or could this actually be right?
                              Just the presence of sperm, without actual fertilization, can trigger embryonic growth. So long as the female organs are developed enough it can happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X