Gargoyle Housing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargoyle Housing

I am planning on purchasing gargoyles and have found that they are more commonly found lower in trees/shrubs and closer to the ground. Does anyone here use 24" Neodesha slant front caged? Based on where they are found in their habitats, having a taller cage does not appear to be as critical.

Your thoughts?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by geckoguyatl; 07-06-2014, 01:11 PM.
    Be thankful.

I have Gargoyles and they like to walk around upside down on their screen tops. The slanted cage wouldn't allow those adventures. They still need space. Check out Tetra Fauna tanks. My gargoyles do well in them. I have an album in my profile showing them.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
    1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

I literally have that same exact terrarium but haven't used it for anything yet. I used to have gargoyles and actually want to get back into breeding/raising them but always used more vertical terrariums. They seemed to always stay up high.
      Beantown Geckos

Comment

Just chiming in to say they definitely do make use of the full vertical space that is offered. I have my girl in an 18x18x24 tall and it's very rare to see her in the bottom half of it. I've only see her down there when she is in shed.

What are the dimensions of tthis tank? Would it be stable if you turned it on its side? That might look pretty cool.
        1.0 Leopard gecko - Leto
        0.1 Gargoyle gecko - Gilligan
        1.0 Crested gecko - Dr. Jacobson

Comment

I too have read about Gargoyle geckos tending to stay in the under brush and such. Even brush as opposed to trees can be quite tall, therefore feeling that a short tank would not suffice. They do need enough area to get the proper exercise.
          http://www.pangeareptile.com/forums/...chmentid=59875

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
          1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

And a tip for cleaning all the marks off, take a wet mr clean magic eraser and they will come right off. They work great!
            Beantown Geckos

Comment

Well if you look at the specs of the cage the vertical height is probably somewhere near a foot or closer to 18 inches. If they have some screen tops like mine does they will be able to reach it so long you provide enough decor for them to reach it, if you build it up with enough vines/cork bark/plants/moist hide and etc you will have a great tank.

Comment

Working...
              X