Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How much are Leachies at reptile shows typically?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much are Leachies at reptile shows typically?

Looking to acquire one in the near future and was just curious.

How much are Leachies at reptile shows typically?

Also does anyone know of and can list any breeders for me?

Much appreciated!

Leachies typically start at 300$. I've only seen them like once below 300$ from an unknown breeder, unknown lineage, and unknown locale. I got my leachie for 450$. For an adult leachie your looking a starting price of like 600$ but many adults go for around 1,000$. Some good breeders are like leapin leachies, giant geckos(who I got mine from), big fat geckos, etc.

Comment

Leapin' Leachies will usually bring some mixed locale babies for around 300-350 dollars. I almost bought a baby from them myself at White Plains!
      13 cresties
      2 gargoyles
      2 bearded dragons
      1 milk snake

Comment

It all depends if your getting a GT, smaller island leachie or a cross. I noticed at the smaller reptile shows I've been to that they are typically about $50 - $150 less for the small island and cross leachies and $100 - $200 off for the GTs. Regardless, you should be able to find cheaper than you typically would else where. Good luck!

Comment

I have never heard of them being 50 to 150! And I did my bargain research! Check out philippe de vosjoli at giantgeckos.com as well, he has amazing animals at very reasonable prices. I got a lost label from him for 250 and she's absolutely gorgeous now at over 100 grams
          2.0.0 Cats (rescued: domestic med hair, and ragdoll--Podraig, Otemma)
          0.2.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus henkeli (High white Pine Island and Pine Island (x Bayonnaise) )
          1.0.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (GTA x Mt Khogis)
          0.2.0 Correlophus ciliatus (yellow flame, halloween harley, Eggs, Bacon)
          1.1.0 Mniarogecko chahoua (Pine Island)

Comment

Hooray, please reread my post. It says "about "$50 - $150 LESS". Not TOTAL. And actually the lowest price Leachies I've seen is two of them go for FREE. Yup free. I can't remember if I saw it on Pangea, Kingsnake or Fauna but there was someone giving 2 away because he wanted to make sure they went to a good home. I also did my research and with Philippe De Vosjoli and Leapn Leachies both have the higher end prices than most online Leachie sellers. I'm comparing this to people who sell Leachies on Kingsnake, Pangea and Fauna. Having said that I bought my GT leachie from Leapn Leachies and plan on getting my next one from either Leapn Leachies or de Vosjoli because I expect a good quality leachie for the price I'm paying.

Comment

I did misread your post sorry! Philippe has hatchling GTs for 600, that's much less then leapin leachies for 900 to 1200. I got a high white pine island from him for 400, the parents are BEAUTIFUL. Obviously leapin leachies is a great business and doing wonderful work with this species and many others, I'm just sharing my experience! Any high end animal being given away for free is definitely not the norm anyway, so I doubt you'll have that opportunity pgrudo. I would expect to pay at least 300 at a show though, like most people already said above. You can sometimes find better deals on kingsnake.com or faunaclassifieds.com like oneguy said.

Sone other breeders are Tom Koegan--phenomenal Yates
              Also elegant reptile images. Com -- Robbie Hamper, she has a ton of experience with the species.

Those are the main ones I know, I'm sure I'm missing some great people, a lot of crested breeders also have one or two leachie pairs and they have hatchling for sale from time to time, these are usually isle e which are a nice large island locale.
              2.0.0 Cats (rescued: domestic med hair, and ragdoll--Podraig, Otemma)
              0.2.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus henkeli (High white Pine Island and Pine Island (x Bayonnaise) )
              1.0.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus leachianus (GTA x Mt Khogis)
              0.2.0 Correlophus ciliatus (yellow flame, halloween harley, Eggs, Bacon)
              1.1.0 Mniarogecko chahoua (Pine Island)

Comment

Originally posted by Oneguy View Post
                Hooray, please reread my post. It says "about "$50 - $150 LESS". Not TOTAL. And actually the lowest price Leachies I've seen is two of them go for FREE. Yup free. I can't remember if I saw it on Pangea, Kingsnake or Fauna but there was someone giving 2 away because he wanted to make sure they went to a good home. I also did my research and with Philippe De Vosjoli and Leapn Leachies both have the higher end prices than most online Leachie sellers. I'm comparing this to people who sell Leachies on Kingsnake, Pangea and Fauna. Having said that I bought my GT leachie from Leapn Leachies and plan on getting my next one from either Leapn Leachies or de Vosjoli because I expect a good quality leachie for the price I'm paying.
                I also saw the ad for the 2 free, it was posted on here (possibly other sites too). Although that is very rare and I don't count that as part of this thread. As the guy needed them gone in like a day and wasn't a typical sale or situation.

Comment

I got mine from the same breeder (Robbie Hamper). For the two little ones I bought (hatchlings) I believe between $350-400. The juvenile was more like $450-$500. If you're looking for a pure locale of sorts, you'll pay more like thousands. I have a pure isle E, and the other two are mixed locale, but gorgeous none the less.
                  1.0 Flame Crested Gecko
                  1.1 Harlequin Crested Gecko
                  0.1 Moonglow Crested Gecko
                  2.1 Leachianus Gecko
                  0.1 Pinstripe Crested Gecko

Comment

Mix locales do go for less. My leachie is a mix (Nuu Ana/Pine I think, would have to check by reptile notes to be sure) and as I said above I paid 450$ but he is a stunner (besides the projectile poop) and his parents are unbelievable. The rarer locales, especially the rare GT locales, or the special morphs like melanistic etc are going to cost you like 2,000$ or 3,000$.

Comment

Working...
                    X