Gecko Food

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gecko Food

Hi, I know there are quite a few Gecko food posts out there and I skimmed them before posting this one. After much research I picked up a Gargoyle gecko at a reptile expo. After talking to breeders I was told the best thing to feed my gecko the powered food mix like repashy. I bought Pangea Fruit Mix Crested Gecko Complete Diet Banana/Papaya. I’m concerned with metabolic bone disease. I have bearded dragons and I powder their crickets. My gecko (Dr. Jekyll) doesn't seem interested at all in crickets and will only eat the mix. My question is is this the only thing I should feed my gecko?

PFMC is by far THE best thing on the market that you can feed to your gargoyle. Many gargoyles do not pay much attention to insects in general but will accept them from time to time. If your animal readily consumes PFMC, then MBD is never going to be a concern!
    Mike
    www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Another food I highly recommend is Black Panther zoological diet. I've used it with great results in rotation with pfmc with great results.

Sent from my C6606 using Tapatalk
      Raxicorocofalipitorious

Comment

You can't go wrong with PFMC. I also provide other foods (Repashy brand) in rotation but many people raise just with PFMC. Gutloaded & dusted bugs are a great addition, however, and are encouraged once a month or so. Most of my gargs will take a bug every so often.
        Specializing in Crested Geckos
        Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
        Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
        Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

Rotating the food type will keep them from getting bored with the food?

Comment

It may. I don't know if they experience boredom but they probably appreciate a new flavor. In nature they would encounter a variety of foods - some plants and bugs we've never heard of outside of New Caledonia.
            Specializing in Crested Geckos
            Working with Uromastyx | Uroplatus | PI Chahoua
            Also keeping: Australian Shepherds (Chester & Sadie)
            Moon Valley Reptiles | MVR @iherp | Facebook

Comment

How often do gargoyles eat? I make sure he has food but it seems like he only eats every other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Kajitsu90 View Post
                How often do gargoyles eat? I make sure he has food but it seems like he only eats every other day.
                I find the same thing with some of my cresties and my garg. Some of mine will eat every single night and others will only eat every second night and some of them seem to go several days to a week between feedings.
                5.4.9 Crested Gecko
                1.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko
                1.0.0 Chahoua Gecko

Visit My FB page - Candy Box Geckos. Please give it a "LIKE" and mention you stopped by and I will visit your page as well.

Comment

Working...
                X