Gargoyle food preferences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gargoyle food preferences

I'm in the process of getting everything for the gargoyle I am getting in a month or two. I was wondering what food your gargs seem to enjoy? I have a few different varieties for my cresteds but it would be nice to know what gargs seem to prefer. Also, any of yours fruit/ or bug eaters? What kinds do they enjoy best??
    Thanks!!

My Garg likes crickets. He also ate Repashy until I introduced Watermelon PFMC to him. Now that is all he will eat, (cleans the dish) that and a few crickets when offered.

Comment

My gargs like the watermelon flavor a lot too. The organic fruits they prefer are strawberries, mission figs and mangos.

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
      1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

Awesome. The watermelon Pangea is my cresties favorite as well, but I have all 3 varieties plus other brands so my garg will get a variety!

Comment

Don't be surprised or upset if your gargoyle refuses insects. Many of them (especially youngsters) will outright refuse them. Some come around, some do not. I have found that if I keep youngsters on a smidge of supplemental heat and have them in a high humidity, small enclosure with a ground hide, it encourages them to hunt more.
          Mike
          www.dragontownreptiles.com

Comment

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
            Don't be surprised or upset if your gargoyle refuses insects. Many of them (especially youngsters) will outright refuse them. Some come around, some do not. I have found that if I keep youngsters on a smidge of supplemental heat and have them in a high humidity, small enclosure with a ground hide, it encourages them to hunt more.
            Thanks for that info Mike. I have offered my baby garg (4 grams) crickets and phoenix worms since I got him on May 4th and he refuses all bugs. I was beginning to worry about him not eating the bugs. He does love Clarks, Pangea watermellon, and I think he pretty much takes a lick of whatever he is offered, other than bugs.
            5.4.9 Crested Gecko
            1.1.1 Gargoyle Gecko
            1.0.0 Chahoua Gecko

Visit My FB page - Candy Box Geckos. Please give it a "LIKE" and mention you stopped by and I will visit your page as well.

Comment

Quinn hates crickets. He loves banana, persimmon, papaya and honey. The Pangea banana diet is his favorite right now, Clark's papaya is also a winner.

ETA- he grew up on Repashy Day Gecko Diet, wouldn't really touch the 3.0.
              1.0.0 R. auriculatus - Quinn
              1.0.0 C. ciliatus - Good Hank
              1.0.0 Mutt - Waldo
              1.2.0 Cats - Oliver, Dharia and Chloe
              iherp.com/sarahberry

Comment

I am going to add the Clarks to my rotation soon...

Rachodactylus Ciliatus

MUNKEY, PEACHES, MORROW, THIMBLE, KILI, GOLLUM, FALCOR, CHEECH & VALENTINE

Rachodactylus Auriculatus
                1.2.1 KEKO, ARRO, PEBBLES & FALCOR

Comment

I do recommend them, even if it's not as tasty (to humans anyway!) as the Pangea banana. My nephew even liked that one!
                  1.0.0 R. auriculatus - Quinn
                  1.0.0 C. ciliatus - Good Hank
                  1.0.0 Mutt - Waldo
                  1.2.0 Cats - Oliver, Dharia and Chloe
                  iherp.com/sarahberry

Comment

New gargoyle keeper myself. I have had mine for three weeks. So far...

Does not like Repashy 3.0 CGD
                    Does like Repashy Bugs n' Grubs mixed 3 parts Repashy to 1 part Pangea (any flavour).
                    Loves all flavours of Pangea.

Haven't tried Clarks.

I have offered crickets once but she didn't seem interested in them beyond following one around the tank a little and watching it. Sort of similar situation to my Leo's disposition to mealworms. He'll eat them if I hand feed them to him, and seems to enjoy, but doesn't have much interest in taking initiative himself. He knows how to eat out of food dish and will eat wax worms, superworms, butterworms, disabled crickets readily from it. With the mealworms he just lies down next to the dish and watches them. Like they're his pet fish.

The spot i order from (Reptiles R Us) in Canada has a Clarks Gargoyle Gecko diet. I will try that soon.
                    1.0 Leopard gecko - Leto
                    0.1 Gargoyle gecko - Gilligan
                    1.0 Crested gecko - Dr. Jacobson

Comment

Awesome replies everyone!!! I feed confident with all the food I have that my soon to be garg will find something it really loves. Out of my cresties, only 2 like bugs, so no biggie of the garg does/doesn't like them.

Comment

Tried the Clarks GGD on a few feedings now. Gilligan (my garg) seems to like it. Not lick the bowl clean level of like but has eaten her normal amount. The only thing I don't like about Clarks is that it takes time to thicken to the right consistency.
                        1.0 Leopard gecko - Leto
                        0.1 Gargoyle gecko - Gilligan
                        1.0 Crested gecko - Dr. Jacobson

Comment

Working...
                        X