Leachi questions???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leachi questions???

So i went on kijiji like i do everyday, and then found an ad for a juvie nuu ana leachie for $200!! So i guess my questions are. is that a good price? And what size tank is good for them? Any tips to keeping them would be cool?!

Flowgan
    1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
    1.0.0 Ball Python
    0.0.1 Leopard Gecko - Unknown sex at 4 years old
    0.0.1 Crested Gecko
    0.0.2 Gargoyle Gecko
    1.0.1 Australian Cattle Dog

Originally posted by Flowgan View Post
    So i went on kijiji like i do everyday, and then found an ad for a juvie nuu ana leachie for $200!! So i guess my questions are. is that a good price? And what size tank is good for them? Any tips to keeping them would be cool?!

Flowgan
    Depends on too many factors to tell if its a good price. Is it healthy, what is it eating, is it really a Nuu Ana, how old is it, ect. ect...

Would have to know the size of the gecko in grams to give you any more information.
    -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Comment

Originally posted by jtmoney View Post
      Depends on too many factors to tell if its a good price. Is it healthy, what is it eating, is it really a Nuu Ana, how old is it, ect. ect...

Would have to know the size of the gecko in grams to give you any more information.
      From the pictures I have seen, they look about the size of a grown mans thumb, maybe a bit smaller/bigger.

The breeder said they hatched on September 14th, and they eat only CGD, he hasn't fed crickets yet. What would a healthy adult need to live in size wise? I have the tanks, just want to know what size lid I will need to make?

Not actual photos, but look very close to the originals. The second Leachie has some pink spots I'm pretty sure?
      Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1060060
      1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
      1.0.0 Ball Python
      0.0.1 Crested Gecko
      0.0.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Comment

From the pictures I have seen, they look about the size of a grown mans thumb, maybe a bit smaller/bigger.

The breeder said they hatched on September 14th, and they eat only CGD, he hasn't fed crickets yet. What would a healthy adult need to live in size wise? I have the tanks, just want to know what size lid I will need to make?

Not actual photos, but look very close to the originals. The second Leachie has some pink spots I'm pretty sure?
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]39965[/ATTACH]
        They are not big insectivores at all, doubt they will take crickets for you. For 5 months that is a pretty small gecko, but it is the smallest locale of all the leachianus so should be ok. I keep them in the equivalent of 40 gallons, and the hatchlings I kept in shoe tubs and moved up into larger tubs as time goes.

I do not see a second leachie, only one picture.
        -Justin-

Leachianus - Chahoua - Ciliatus

http://www.facebook.com/JTReptile

Comment

On my phone i cant copy and paste photos, so its not an exact photo.

heres the exact photo of the one i want.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	_T2eC16F_zcE9s4g0uigBRKo0L_JjQ_48_35.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1060061
          1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
          1.0.0 Ball Python
          0.0.1 Crested Gecko
          0.0.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Comment

I would say $200 is reasonable for a leachie, if it is healthy. For that size there is no reason for a large cage. Ten G, would suffice. I am skeptical of the claim of a pure Nuu Ana, but stranger things have happened; and if you just want it as a pet with no plans to breed then I'm not sure it would matter anyways if you loved the critter. If you did plan to breed, and are set on Nuu Ana, you might double check sourcing.

There's a lot of info on keeping them in this section and scattered over the web. Much more than can be easily included in a post. If you have specific questions that would be easier to address.
            My reviews!
            Arachnoboards
            Fauna BOI

My iHerp
            Facebook: Tiger Reptiles

Comment

I would most likely only keep them as pets. I was told lLeachies are not easyiest thing to breed because they need to bond our something
              1.0.0 Bearded Dragon
              1.0.0 Ball Python
              0.0.1 Crested Gecko
              0.0.2 Gargoyle Gecko

Comment

I would most likely only keep them as pets. I was told lLeachies are not easyiest thing to breed because they need to bond our something
                Yes, they form pair bonds between mates. If one partner finds the other unacceptable they are likely to fight and possibly kill one another. However, there are ways to test leachies to see if they are at least initially compatible.
                My reviews!
                Arachnoboards
                Fauna BOI

My iHerp
                Facebook: Tiger Reptiles

Comment

Working...
                X