Vaako & his 2013 Harem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can haz Alexei?
    4.3.0 Rhacodactylus leachianus - Yatè, Mt. Koghis, Rivière Bleue, purple Nuu Ana, Poindimiè
    3.2.0 Rhacodactylus ciliatus
    1.1.0 Gekko gecko
    2.1.0 Python regius

Comment

You'd have to fight me for her first!
      .. Familiar Exotics .. and related Blog ..

*** 7.16.10 Cresties *** 4.5 Gargs *** 1.0 Ibera Greek Tortoise *** 0.1 Rubber Boa *** 0.2.1.2 Mourning Geckos *** 2.1.3 E. agricolae *** 1.2.2.7 L. williamsi *** 1.1 C. sarasinorum ***

Comment

Originally posted by Metal_Gecko View Post
        I can haz Alexei?
        I'm only aloud to go insane once a year & that happened last weekend when I sold my holdback Neon. You'll have to try again next year, but you woud have to go through Julie....she does know where I live.
        Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
        www.iHerp.com/Hannibal
        www.facebook.com/andi.vanzant

Comment

Lola update!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Dragontown View Post
          I freakin love Lola!
          Just a heads up, she laid 2 fertile eggs on Monday. The almost 2 year wait for babies is almost over, just another 75-80 days until we see what this pairing produces
          Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
          www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Oh, I'm photo documenting the tail regen on Alexei. It's finally hit a growth spurt, so will need to get more photos this weekend.

I don't think Vaako did the deed with her in the short time they were together, so I'm not planning to pair her up gain until her tail has fully regen. I want her body to heal completely first before having to worry about the added stress of egg production.
            Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
            www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Wow, 6 females in one season seems pretty ambitious..! I think 2 females/ per male is the most I've ever done

Just curious, are you pairing them all up one by one? Are you worried at all about exhausting Vaako? Hopefully he is a good eater to keep up his energy! Have you ever paired a male up with this many females before, if not what was the most you've successfully(each female laying fertile clutches) paired a male with during a breeding year?
              Now i'm all kinds of curious about just how many females a male could uh, service, in a season... xD
              www.Gracious Geckos.com
              Specializing in (but not limited to) R. auriculatus!
              Facebook!

Comment

He's only really spent time with 4 gals this season (Vesper, Kira, Lola & Pasha), Alexei only saw him for 1.2 days & Skrtel hasn't been paired up yet (she's later this summer). I pair them up one by one, and I only leave him in with a girl for 5 days then he's out....then he usually has 2-3 weeks before next girl. I try to stagger my breeding projects so the eggs hatch throughout the year & not all at once.

Ivan's also got 4 gals this season (Sasha, Cassie, Diablo & Vic). Next year, young Boris will be old/big enough for breeding so will have to determine how my breeding projects will change with his addition.
                Andi - Gray Sky Exotics
                www.iHerp.com/Hannibal

Comment

Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
                  He's only really spent time with 4 gals this season (Vesper, Kira, Lola & Pasha), Alexei only saw him for 1.2 days & Skrtel hasn't been paired up yet (she's later this summer). I pair them up one by one, and I only leave him in with a girl for 5 days then he's out....then he usually has 2-3 weeks before next girl. I try to stagger my breeding projects so the eggs hatch throughout the year & not all at once.

Ivan's also got 4 gals this season (Sasha, Cassie, Diablo & Vic). Next year, young Boris will be old/big enough for breeding so will have to determine how my breeding projects will change with his addition.
                  Wow. Pretty cool!
                  I'm not sure my male gargs would get the job done in 5 days....Lately I've taken to leaving my males with my females until they lay their first fertile clutch- unless there is any fighting of course!

Can't wait to see all the amazing babies you get from these pairings.
                  www.Gracious Geckos.com
                  Specializing in (but not limited to) R. auriculatus!
                  Facebook!

Comment

Working...
                  X