Leachie mouth injury, need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leachie mouth injury, need advice.

So I was looking over all my geckos this morning and I noticed something odd with my 2 year old male leachies mouth.. It looks like he banged the side of his mouth with something and knocked out quite a few teeth... I ran a sterile q tip along side of that area to clean it up. He was in a live viviarium but I tore all that out and cleaned it with healthy habitat, rinsed off all cage furniture and replaced substrate with paper towel in because I didn't want infection to come into play. Is there anything further i can do to treat his mouth injury? Aby advice would help.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
    2 leachies, 10 Crested geckos, 2 wiener dogs

Check out my facebook page for current availability and toss me a like or two!
    https://www.facebook.com/MistedCresteds

Do you have a picture of the injury?

He should be fine as long as you keep him in a clean enviroment. They are pretty hardy animals so I think he will be just fine
    David Utrera
    TIKIsGeckos
    facebook
    Youtube!
    twitter

Comment

Do you have a picture of the injury?

He should be fine as long as you keep him in a clean enviroment. They are pretty hardy animals so I think he will be just fine
      David Utrera
      TIKIsGeckos
      facebook
      Youtube!
      twitter

Comment

Pics will help us tell ya what's going on. If it isn't anything serious, then a sterile environment should be just fine.
        0.0.1 R. ciliatus
        1.0 R. auriculatus
        0.0.1 R. leachianus

Comment

When my Crested geckos have had mouth injuries from ramming into things, I was told to put a dab of honey on the wound to keep it clean. Honey can naturally ward off bacteria, and it hasn't caused my geckos any issues.
          C. ciliatus- GreenBean, Mr. Red,
          R. leachianus- Dragonite
          M. chahoua- Oliver
          2 5G planted Betta tanks

Comment

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2
            2 leachies, 10 Crested geckos, 2 wiener dogs

Check out my facebook page for current availability and toss me a like or two!
            https://www.facebook.com/MistedCresteds

Comment

Interesting... it does look like he lost some teeth! I would keep his cage very clean and sterile and put some honey on it. Best of luck!
              0.0.1 R. ciliatus
              1.0 R. auriculatus
              0.0.1 R. leachianus

Comment

Working...
              X