Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hannibal
    replied
    NARBC is the largest in our area, the next one is in Oct. I know Matt goes to the Taylor shows & he usually has some pretty good striped babies listed in the Pangea store. We actually bought our first stripe from him and we're shocked when she went from a golden/cream/brown baby into a red adult, we had no idea she was from red stock. To see Diablo's color transformation photos, you can pull her photos up on my iHerp account. It's amazing how much of a color transformation these guys can go through from baby to juvie to sub-adult into adult.

Leave a comment:

• bextraordinary
    replied
    @Hannibal: Thanks! I'm in Michigan, so I usually check out the Taylor reptile show, but I've only ever seen one or two gargs there and never anything but the normal color in retic or stripe. I've never seen higher-end gargs. I went to NARBC once but it was before I even knew gargs were so cool, so I didn't look for any! I'll have to find some bigger shows to attend.

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Congrats on your New adventure, they are very nice looking retics. They have great personalities that you will definitely enjoy. If you have any of the larger reptile expos in your area, they'd be a great pace to look for reasonably fixed gargs. Smaller venues usually don't have much of or any gargs, so one of the big name expos would be like a kid in a candy store.

Leave a comment:

• oldmanofthesea
    replied
    Used to raise short tailed opposoms in the late 90's. They are awesome. I like the reticulated gargs as well as the striped and i have both. ron

Leave a comment:

• TheOrise
    replied
    We just got our first gargs too! They are really fun and very active! Congrats! Your set look awesome~

Leave a comment:

• bextraordinary
    replied
    Oh, believe me, I am already on the hunt for more...! I just seem to have very expensive taste. *cough* Taste that far exceeds my grad student budget, especially when I'm also trying to save for some new camera equipment. I need to win the lottery, obviously! I'd like to get some cool striped Gargs, but they seem to run so much more expensive than Cresties, so I'm just not sure when that will happen.

Leave a comment:

• oldmanofthesea
    replied
    Welcome. Nice looking gargoyles. You will enjoy them. You will be lucky if you can stop at just a pair. ron

Leave a comment:

• ShadowKorin
    replied
    congratulations on your new gargs!! they both look fat and happy: which is a good thing for a gargoyle gecko. They are darling first time geckos and I hope you have a fantastic experience. Be warned!! They are completely addicting: like potato chips. Just one or two is never enough.

Also, welcome to Pangea. This is a great source of information, friendship and gecko envy!

Leave a comment:

• bextraordinary
    started a topic My first pair of Gargs :D

My first pair of Gargs :D

Hey! Longish-time lurker, first time posting here. I found these forums when I was looking for my first Gargs (first geckos at all, actually!), and now I have them and they seem to be settled in! I have a male and female, both subadults (I think they were about 20g when I got them a few weeks ago). They live in separate tanks in my little indoor greenhouse, where it stays nice and warm and humid. They're eating CGD (sorta) and Dubia nymphs - the female loves the nymphs, the male eats more CGD. They weren't big fans of CGD when they arrived and I was worried they weren't eating, but I've been peeking in at night and I've seen them at their bowls, tongues out, so it appears they're eating at least some of it.

Here's the male:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	geckoshoot.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	78.6 KB
ID:	1075320

And the female, who is just a touch bigger and seems to have a broader head. No bulge, though, so I guess she's just beefy! She's not fired in this photo:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	geckoshoot3.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.9 KB
ID:	1075321

Hope you like 'em! If I'm successful with these guys, I'd love to have more geckos in the future. This is my first attempt with lizards... Previously, I've kept cornsnakes, sugar gliders and lots (LOTS) of fish. Right now I just have my dog, two cats, a short-tailed opossum and these Gargs... Oh, and a bunch of carnivorous plants. They definitely enjoy Dubia nymphs, too
Working...
X