• Show
Clear All

• Hannibal
    replied
    Glad you found her!

Leave a comment:

• HarleyCharlie
    replied
    She's back to her "normal" self now with her vocalizations. She got a "bath", but besides that she must have been feeding off of the food and water I left in my room for her since it was gone every morning after I put it out. She shouldn't have been too cold hopefully. My room ranges from 67-73 normally, and tanks are usually 68-75

Leave a comment:

• Jaybee
    replied
    Originally posted by HarleyCharlie View Post
    Funny thing is that she's a lot calmer now.. lol. I can actually hold her w/o her barking or trying to get free
    That can be because she's too cold, scared, dehydrated, hungry... not really "funny" I'm glad you found her but make sure you get her rehydrated and in her home.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyCharlie
    replied
    SHE HAS BEEN FOUND!!! I was going through my closet looking for dresses to take pics of to figure out what I wanted to take on my 5 trips this summer, and she was hanging on a piece of clothing!!! Funny thing is that she's a lot calmer now.. lol. I can actually hold her w/o her barking or trying to get free

Leave a comment:

• HarleyCharlie
    replied
    Thanks for the advice. Only problem is I just got her the day my sister left her out so she wasn't used to her terrarium yet. I think she may still be in my room because the "hidebox" had some of the CGD on the floor of it, and my sister said she didn't knock into it or anything.. Here's hoping! If I loose her not only will I have lost a $80 investment since I wanted to pair her with anubis when she was old enough, but a super cool new "friend"

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    If the door was open only during the day then she could still be contained within your room, mine don't move to much during the day. you may want to divide your room into quadrants & do grid searches. Search every square inch of the grid (high, low, under, ect) before moving to the next grid.

Gargs are pretty durable once they hit juvie size, so she's probably still alive taking in all the new site in her adventure trying to find the best spot. Oh, keep her enclosure open with food/water available, she may just come back to it since she knows & feels safe there.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyCharlie
    replied
    I don't know if she is still contained in my room. My father left my door open while i was at work.

Leave a comment:

• Shenzi Sixaxis
    replied
    Originally posted by Hannibal View Post
    You could put food in different areas on something that has sprinkled calcium powder on it
    Rather than waste expensive calcium powder, flour works as well.

Leave a comment:

• MissScully&Velvet
    replied
    I had a Tokay be missing for a month once. Is she contained in one room?

Leave a comment:

• HarleyCharlie
    replied
    No I'm super worried about her.... It'll be a week tomorrow night... Idk how long they can go with out food!

Leave a comment:

• Hannibal
    replied
    Any sign of your adventurous juvie? I've never had an escapee so I really can't say where they would go other than up high. You could put food in different areas on something that has sprinkled calcium powder on it, that way you can see if she walked through the area to narrow your search from entire house down to a specific room.

Leave a comment:

• HarleyCharlie
    started a topic How to get a garg out of hiding....

How to get a garg out of hiding....

My sister forgot to put my juvi female garg back after feeding her.. she's been missing since Sunday, and I didn't know if there were any tricks to getting them to show. I know they come out at night, but so far no dice. I put out a cardboard box as a hidebox with some food the first three nights, but again no dice. I know mine aren't ones for live food so I just left CGD out for her. I don't think she's eaten anything since Sunday maybe so I was gettig a little worried about her. My tarentola esaped, but he was luckily found 3 days after in the hallway during the day, lol. I checked under my bed after the first (or second day), but didn't see her there. Do they prefer corners? Any suggestions besides not letting my sister near my geckos anymore?!?

Thanks in advance
Working...
X